• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Strange....bug?

G

A little bit ago I was on a lot that had put out a turkey dinner for us for Easter. I thought it was such a neat idea that I was going to have my sim that owns the store lot buy some of them and pass them out to a few skills and money houses, so I bought a few and discovered that I cannot put them in her inventory. I thought maybe since she's on a free account it might be an object limit problem, so I emptied her inventory of all but two objects, still both the 'set object for sale' and 'add to inventory' buttons are greyed out. Is there a known reason for this? They're only 11 simoleans a piece so if I have to delete them its no big deal, but I closed the lot until I could ask you guys here so that hopefully the meals won't go bad before I can put them in my inventory and pass them out if there's a way to do it?

G

At first in TC3 (when catalogs changed) they werent availabale in the catalog only in stores, so they were basically useless because they cant be traded or sold. The devs solved the problem by putting them back in the catalog for everyone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

At first in TC3 (when catalogs changed) they werent availabale in the catalog only in stores, so they were basically useless because they cant be traded or sold. The devs solved the problem by putting them back in the catalog for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

*nods*

OK, just thought it would be a nice gesture that would be beneficial to more sims as something special rather than just giving a simolean donation to the houses that might or might not be used to feed sims a 'special Easter dinner'
Oh well, nice in theory, anyway. If I'd thought about it ahead of time I would have had the sim that made me the CC I bought especially for Easter make me more copies and given those out. She's not online though, and it probably couldn't get approved in time anyway. Guess I'll have to think of something else I can do for house owners to commemorate the holiday and be beneficial to all the sims on their lot at the time. Any suggestions, everybody? Any of you doing anything special like this as an Easter present for some of the hard working hosts that are hosting today, in addition to all the people playing today that can't be with RL family for whatever reason? Like I said, I could just give a simolean donation, but there's no way to ensure what that would be spent on, and really wouldn't be *special* because I always tip above and beyond what my sim eats anyway unless the service is just piss-poor, so I don't know what I could do that would be unique and special. *ponders*

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

The only way I know to do it is...I had one of my other sims move into my store. they bought turkeys and put them on the tables, then moved out of the store. Hence they automatically go in her inventory, then you can trade them. Same with the wedding cakes. This is the only way I know to do it. It works!

G

<blockquote><hr>

The only way I know to do it is...I had one of my other sims move into my store. they bought turkeys and put them on the tables, then moved out of the store. Hence they automatically go in her inventory, then you can trade them. Same with the wedding cakes. This is the only way I know to do it. It works!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh wow that's a great idea, I wish I'd thought of it! I've gotta give hubby the puter now so I won't have a chance to do this before midnight and Easter will be over
Oh well, I've still got the items on my lot, so maybe I'll do it tomorrow as an 'after Easter' thing just for the fun of it.....I guess its the thought that counts, anyway eh?
THANKS for the suggestion though.....I never would have thought of that.....a true 'shoulda had a V8 moment' LOL

G

Turkeys for Easter?!?!? How cute. I didn't get to partake in the Easter festivites. Hope everyone, who celebrates, has a great Easter!