• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Stranded

PaulCH

Journeyman
Anyone know what happens when you log off alive (and maybe time out) in the city of Heartwood? You log back in on Valor island, the island with the Valor shrine. I think that it's right near Jhelom.

Unfortunately, I had nothing on me except my hatchet and newbie clothes on when I logged back in. Died quickly and lost that too. Not a complaint at all...it's easily replaceable even for a newbie on Siege.

So, now the question...does anyone know if there is a way off of Valor island without a boat or gate (ie a teleport tile, sparkles etc)? I'd look around a little more but at work without the game.

If not, will anyone be on around 6:00 pm eastern that would be able to rescue me by boat or gate?

Ellie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If you can get a boat and carry it with you. Im sure somone has an old style that you can have.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt there a public teleporter to Umbra Hub in that Castle?

PaulCH

Journeyman
I'm not in a castle but stranded on an island with Valor Shrine. I logged off in the elven city of Heartwood and logged back in on Valor shrine. As far as I can tell, the only way off is by boat or gate but asking the question in case there is something that I missed.

If I was on a prodo shard then I'd just get one of my other chars to rescue me (probably why I have never been stranded before) but can't do it on Siege since I only have one char :)

PaulCH

Journeyman
Used the "stuck" option. Given that I had never used it before I had no idea how it worked. Didn't use it partially because of pride...also thought that I could get myself out of any situation faster than a GM could reply. But it was just click "help", "stuck", pick city then wait a minute or two and done.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, if ye'd stuck around, and had the patience for a blind man to navigate the seas, I'd have come and rescued you eventually.
Utterly unrelated, of course, just how much food is available on that island, and what's the weather like?
*heads inland, hoping to find the shore*

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Desperate times, desperate measures. Actually, alligator meat left to dry in the sun can be ...tolerable.
Giant serpents are a bit stringy, but they make good belts, and wraps for thy feet.
I am glad that ye made it safely to the mainland, though!