• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Story] The Archbishop's Tale

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archbishop Thomas Lord was drenched in sweat. He had been fearing the worse since he had been given the Coronation service to perform. The Church was not about to listen to the insane ramblings of one of its failed brethren about a prophecy and the killings. This was a new dawn and the people needed to see the Queen crowned in public and not hidden away or dealt with in secrecy.

The people had come from across the lands to witness the ceremony and for this, at least, Thomas was happy. Being somewhat short of faith at times he was convinced that the assassins were everywhere and would be only too grateful to stop the service with a single poison-tipped arrow from a balcony... or something like that.

Making his way back to his rooms he felt the presence before he saw it and he had the sense to not turn round and confront it but to run with all his speed. Through a door. He bolted it and continued through the maze of corridors that made up the Royal Castle. He heard the crashing and splintering of wood and steel as the door was broken down and the roar of his killer. He called for the Guards who quickly mobilised and began to lock doors and seal off areas of the castle as Thomas ran through. There was death in the castle that night but Thomas was determined that his secret would not die with him.

Archbishop Thomas Lord decided to travel North to seek shelter and speak of this to his old friend...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Some time later, and more composed, Thomas sat down opposite his old friend and they spoke for a long time about the past, the present and the future. Thomas knew he was short of time and that there was nowhere left to run. Except perhaps... but for now he decided to sleep rough in the woods and to make better plans when he was able.

The Archbishop speaks to his old friend.

Taken from the EM Website.

M

mandosa-nice

Good story, i go try to translate this one in french, for the community at uo.jeuxonline.info !

J

JPDefault

Nice story. I knew something was coming, when the old guy started to stammer after the ceremony.
And now where is that old friend?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had a very quick chat with Sunnansky and I think I am reading way more into this than intended. I started to think of Thomas representing the EMs jobs, I will try to explain.

To die a marty's death perhaps is a great honor. He knew that when he raised the crown
In the main story line was the final thing to do was to crown Dawn, and there contract might start to end with it. But they did not wish to deprive Europa of a coranation than risk us never having one. (What was mentioned in the story thread.

This can be the begining of the end or the end of a begining. There is always many paths.
As above the crowning could be the begining of the contract winding down. But the section or the end of a begining, as in there could be something new to come after makes me think they do not know themselves what the future holds.

The end of one phase and the begining of the next. All creatures live in cycles.
Again its the end of the SA story line and there part in that job is done. Lets hope phase 2 will soon start with our EMs at the front.

As I say I am probly reading way too much into this and its probly a new story line and they mean forget the past ones, but I do wonder if its time to spam on uohall how much they have done and how much Europa has grown with them.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And now where is that old friend?
Sunnansky the Astronomer is sitting in Jordan Jurrel's old office in the Minoc Town Hall. He's an old NPC from the Starfall cycle of events run in 2006 by the previous EM.

Try asking him about "Nathan Hawke". Disturbing...

G

Guardsmen Militia

We managed to get Sunnansky to say a little more though it's still mostly gibberish!

I'll link to our in-game report of our findings (keep in mind as it's a RP report it isn't as 'factual' as others and has personal opinions etcetera.)

It does contain screenshots of what Sunnansky said and the words spoken to get him to speak so don't read if you want to work it out for yourself!

Investigation Needed [Letter to the Captain]

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice work Guardsmen. Has anything new happened recently to try and follow this as I have almost no UO time recently but love the events.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sunnansky also has something to say about 'Hannah', 'spider' and 'dark one'...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crappit, I totally would have found that Diary if I didn't have to work :D

S

Seasseragh

Tomoe saw the archbishop last night.

You can find her at the bridge near the waterfall.

J

JPDefault

This story gets interesting.
After the obvious questions (and of course after mentioning Hannah and Nathan), try asking her to tell you something more.