• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Store Owners

G

OK.. Dev Team...... please don't take this as a pancake session.. but really.. prices changed 2 x in matter of hours today... just when i finish getting all the items re-priced .. you go and do it again.. I am fine with the price changes.. but 2x a day???? come one in RL it don't even happen 1x a day.. It wouldn't be so much issue if other players understood and didn't come in and call us shop owners names cause we didn't get to change the prices on some items yet.

It really hurts the reputation of the shop itself. Please help us out a bit here.. either take the retail price off or give us a break on the price fluctuation. Only thing that don't change is Custom Content.. should we all just revert to all custom content stores so we don't have to go through this so much... its becoming very frustrating and gives us shop owners no time to go out and play the game like everyone else if were stuck changing prices all the time...

There has to be a happy medium... The other players are complaining, we are going nuts trying to keep up with the changes in prices... This is a bit out of control.

Anyone else feel somewhat the same?

D

DGLita

the prices are gonna change and we have to live with that, but I totally agree that they need to drop the retail price. It is a major drawback having 2 prices displayed, you dont see it in real life stores, so why do we have to have it imposed on us here

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I feel your pain, even though I don't own a store lol.

What they should do I make a feature that allows store owners and roomies, to turn on a option which would automatically check for lower prices of the item every hour and change it to a price that is set to any % lower than retail which is set by the object owner.

I

imported_SimTripps

Hold on a sec... Are you saying that prices of objects, set by the object owner, are being changed by 'the game', and not at the behest of the owner?? Maybe I've misunderstood lol... or do you mean the cost of items in the catalogue fluctuate so often, that it's hard for store owners to keep up to these changes? If so, then bah - I'd leave the prices as is until I felt like changing them, regardless of the complaints. I'm not going to reprice 500 objects based on somebody's whim of what they feel the price should be at that minute - that's absurd....

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

Hold on a sec... Are you saying that prices of objects, set by the object owner, are being changed by 'the game', and not at the behest of the owner?? Maybe I've misunderstood lol... or do you mean the cost of items fluctuate to often, and it's hard for store owners to keep up to these changes? If so, then bah - I'd leave the prices as is until I felt like changing them, regardless of the complaints. I'm not going to reprice 500 objects based on somebody's whim of what they feel the price should be at that minute - that's absurd....

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to leave my items at the price I orginally set, according to what I paid at the time, but some store owners may feel they have to change prices according to the current price. I just cant be assed with it

G

Yes deal with it is one thing.. but hourly??? this is getting much .... I not kidding in saying I just finished one price change thru the store.. went to log my other sim in to do the same.. and boom.. everything down or up a few dollars.. which only gives each customer coming in the time to see and then leave cause half the prices are higher now.. then 2 min earlier from retail prices.. I agree.. give us shop owners some tool to help us out. Most of us have multisims in stores due to item limits.. so your talking alot of items to keep changing.. how ever many times a day.. if your gonna have changes.. let it be one time a day... so give us a chance to play the game and not just change prices. Thats whats come down to shop ownership... PRICE CHANGER is now a full time job.

DGLita... only issue is when they drop the prices on items.. I dont care when they go up.. since i leave those.. its the prices going down.. looks bad on shop with retail price lower then sale price... ya know...

I

imported_SimTripps

Ladi, you shouldn't have to keep changing prices... Keep them as is, as Lita said, which would be relative to what your original buying price was. And if visitors don't like it, well, I could think of a couple Chef Ramsay lines I'd give them lol... I agree though - the changing of catalogue object prices that fast and that often is unnecessary and silly...

G

maybe if they added some repricing buttons like a mass reprice to X-percentage like reprice -15% or +15% etc or reprice to certain category of items sold etc... that might make it easier.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

But I'm thinking this is something to make the stores vary in prices. So its done intentionally to make some stores have a profit and some, well yeah lol.

D

DGLita

Stores desperately needs som kind of tool to do mass price change rather than click click click on each and every object

G

I agree on the tool.. and this is not happening xxxx times a day.. this is happening hr to hr... just finished reducing all items on one sim.. logged in the other completed that price down.. .. and go figure.. need to relog in sim 1 again cause everything dropped again since less then 45 min ago.? So I guess they want to keep us changed to our stores and not go out and enjoy playing with everyone else...

Don't Shoot the shop keepers.. if they don't make it to change prices right away guys...

I feel bad for my other roomie.. she hasn't sold any of her items all weekend because she is on vacation and not logged in. Can't wait till we can create custom content on all items.. least with those we don't have to worry about changing prices...

back to my chain and ball....

G

Tagging to Last with a few random thoughts...

First off: You might need to get used to the rapid price fluctuations if they're what I think they are - responding in real-time to changes in supply and demand, simolean exchange rate, and so on. Which leads me to my second point...

Stores should be expected to generate profit. I challenge anyone to find me a store that does not work on the principle of generating profit! With that in mind, everyone should expect store prices to reflect a certain amount of mark-up from wholesale price (they need to drop the "retail" tag, or at least change it to "wholesale"). The problem is, though, that all of you store owners are going to run into resistance from everyone who has played TSO for longer than a few months and are all used to how stores in TSO have traditionally worked - that is, selling at substantial losses just to make top 100. This horrible business model is just not going to cut it with EA-Land's dynamic economy, and the customer base is just going to have to get used to it. If a customer comes to your store and complains because you didn't adjust your sales prices the exact nanosecond a price shift occurred, then tell him or her to go pack sand.

Third point: Your prices should never remain static. Even in real life, store prices fluctuate, though these adjustments typically happen daily or weekly. So, with that said, you shouldn't be expected to be constantly adjusting your prices; that's just ludicrous, and anyone who actually expects you to do so is obviously not playing with a full deck of cards!

Lastly: Yes, being able to price like objects en masse would be a great feature. Real-life stores have it; why not TSO stores?

L

ladywolf

I agree with this, Please give us some kind of tool. Priceing each and every item takes hours.

I

Inge Jones

I am a bit confused. Isn't wholesale price the price a shopkeeper buys at, while retail price is the price the shop sells at to the customer? What does the term mean in TSO? Or does it mean "recommended retail price" which means that a discount store sells below that, while a small convenience store may sell slightly above that.