• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Store items...smh

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who's in the ear of the Devs telling them what needs to be for sale ? And why do they keep saying more Cowbell, I mean Soulstone colors ? Maybe I'm alone in this but why ? I have roughly 150 stones over 2 accounts, multi shards and they're all kept in a secure container. I couldn't care less if they were all pink, their color doesn't matter to me in the least. Most players don't display these for others to see, so I don't get it. And if color were that critical to enough of the player base , wouldn't a Soulstone Dye Tub make more sense ? Made this post when the new Gold Chocobo....I mean SS showed up on screen.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would rather pay for new a new soulstone graphic.
I would pay good money for some kind of way to drop my soulstones onto a single context menu item, like a much larger SoulStone . Now THATS an item you put in the Store for sale. That new SS container or whatever it's called, was an idiotic idea created by someone that doesn't play the game, or doesn't have a lot of SoulStones.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with you @GarthGrey but I'm not a decoration guy (all about functionality). That said some people do like the different colors for whatever reason and UO will make much more money on reskinning an existing item every 6 months than giving us a dye tub for Soulstones.

I think what they really need to do is focus on fixing the luck potions in the store so that we can have them available for the Treasures of event coming up. Now THAT is a worthwhile effort.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who's in the ear of the Devs telling them what needs to be for sale ? And why do they keep saying more Cowbell, I mean Soulstone colors ? Maybe I'm alone in this but why ? I have roughly 150 stones over 2 accounts, multi shards and they're all kept in a secure container. I couldn't care less if they were all pink, their color doesn't matter to me in the least. Most players don't display these for others to see, so I don't get it. And if color were that critical to enough of the player base , wouldn't a Soulstone Dye Tub make more sense ? Made this post when the new Gold Chocobo....I mean SS showed up on screen.
Because they are easy and mesanna doesn’t have to actually do her job. And it keeps the Pom Pom wavers happy and the bank balance

Dan(Tasanar)

Journeyman
Professional
UNLEASHED
On some "other shards" they simply made soul stones dyeable with Tokuno/Cleanup dyes. That way you could color code them how YOU like and sort by color/skills to your hearts content.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have multiple accounts, so I've been trying to make one color per account.
which makes it easier to tell what belongs to each account.

a soulstone dye tub would be awesome.
just have the current colors available, a full color scheme would be overkill

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is because "corporate" ie EA expects them to put out some BS at certain intervals to show they are keeping the game "fresh" and up to date... and giving reasons for us to part with more money when they know subs are dwindling... ie keeping the lights on.

They need to show sales... they need to show they are adding new stuff and content... and this is a super IMO lazy way to do that. While a dye tub would be more practical and make more sense... and then we could say color code our stones per account or whatever .....rather than have every account have a rainbow of colors... but we don't get to chose do we? Wouldn't want things to make sense... or be practical... but whatever.

I have long given up hope that anything of any proper use will ever come from the DEV team again.

I've currently been on a mission to basically view all the cities again in a more methodical way and one thing I recently discovered is that there seems to be a very bad case of carpet moths or something in Trinsic... as much of the carpet in both Trammel and Felucca has gone missing... leaving only sad remnants of what once was there... Not sure what's up with that ... but while Nujel'm is plagued by drunken carpenters now Trinsic has carpet moths... who knew?

Guessing no one cares what the cities look like anymore... But the game is literally falling to pieces and vanishing... and no one seems to notice or care. But whatever... I've given up.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've currently been on a mission to basically view all the cities again in a more methodical way and one thing I recently discovered is that there seems to be a very bad case of carpet moths or something in Trinsic... as much of the carpet in both Trammel and Felucca has gone missing... leaving only sad remnants of what once was there... Not sure what's up with that ... but while Nujel'm is plagued by drunken carpenters now Trinsic has carpet moths... who knew?

Guessing no one cares what the cities look like anymore... But the game is literally falling to pieces and vanishing... and no one seems to notice or care. But whatever... I've given up.

Either it's some bug.
Data corruption on save files.
Or someone found an exploit to get locked down deco, it has happened in the past.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I never understood why they aren't effing selling tokens to a 1 slot pet that can be raised to 5 slots, which you can pick the elemental damage they do.
A blank canvas, with the elemental damage you need.
They would sell like hot cakes, but nope.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Either it's some bug.
Data corruption on save files.
Or someone found an exploit to get locked down deco, it has happened in the past.

Who would want some lousy carpet tiles when that crap can be bought off the carpet vendor? Not like it's special.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happened to me about a week ago, was fixed next sever up.
1622780308874.png

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My guess is because "corporate" ie EA expects them to put out some BS at certain intervals to show they are keeping the game "fresh" and up to date... and giving reasons for us to part with more money when they know subs are dwindling... ie keeping the lights on.

They need to show sales... they need to show they are adding new stuff and content... and this is a super IMO lazy way to do that. While a dye tub would be more practical and make more sense... and then we could say color code our stones per account or whatever .....rather than have every account have a rainbow of colors... but we don't get to chose do we? Wouldn't want things to make sense... or be practical... but whatever.

I have long given up hope that anything of any proper use will ever come from the DEV team again.

If they want to show sales, instead of the $10 Gold SoulStone, simply put Mythic Tokens on sale half off. Guaranteed they would make 2x at least.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they want to show sales, instead of the $10 Gold SoulStone, simply put Mythic Tokens on sale half off. Guaranteed they would make 2x at least.
I don't disagree with you... they could do that or the transfer tokens on sale and make a killing... but yeah ... Not likely to happen.

After scouring a few more instances of Trinsic I see that the "moth" problem is widespread... It is also common to find excess numbers of chairs stacked on one another in Trinsic and most of the instances of the Tinkerers have multiple doors.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what id like to see them do is break up the sets and sale individual pieces, for example id like more counters for my kitchen, but i dont want to have to buy a whole second kitchen set just to get 2 more counters.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
what id like to see them do is break up the sets and sale individual pieces, for example id like more counters for my kitchen, but i dont want to have to buy a whole second kitchen set just to get 2 more counters.
I asked them at a meet & greet to split up the wedding set.
I wanted a full set of the cakes (for my Chapel of Love)
and to be able to have more of the outfits (hubby swiped my tuxedo haha)

reply was basically for me to purchase more of the sets.
shortly after that, they put in a smaller package for extra chairs,etc
and then the undead wedding set (which I love and had to get Haha)
but I'm still missing my tuxedo.

Can't find these on vendor search either.
And try to justify to my husband to buy all those wedding packages
just for a cake batter LOL
(not going to happen)

==============

I sent Mesanna an email a couple years ago, asking for a token box.
her reply was that tokens were easily duped and she wanted to get them out of game.
so I think thats why lot of this stuff doesn't come in token form.

if they can't do that with soulstones, then why not make it changeable,
using the interior decorator's tool? (turn-to change color)

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I asked them at a meet & greet to split up the wedding set.
I wanted a full set of the cakes (for my Chapel of Love)
and to be able to have more of the outfits (hubby swiped my tuxedo haha)

reply was basically for me to purchase more of the sets.
shortly after that, they put in a smaller package for extra chairs,etc
and then the undead wedding set (which I love and had to get Haha)
but I'm still missing my tuxedo.

Can't find these on vendor search either.
And try to justify to my husband to buy all those wedding packages
just for a cake batter LOL
(not going to happen)

==============

I sent Mesanna an email a couple years ago, asking for a token box.
her reply was that tokens were easily duped and she wanted to get them out of game.
so I think thats why lot of this stuff doesn't come in token form.

if they can't do that with soulstones, then why not make it changeable,
using the interior decorator's tool? (turn-to change color)
Why do I get the feeling you......nvm :p

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn’t see it mentioned but some players use different colored soulstones to store certain skill groups. I use red for all combat skills, blue for all magic skills, green for all crafting skills, etc,... Just giving a reason some players would like owning different colored soulstones. I’ve certainly never asked for such things but have taken advantage of Dev plans to offer something unnecessary in way to many colors.

After scouring a few more instances of Trinsic I see that the "moth" problem is widespread...
Carpets have had a LONG standing bug that drops them which causes them to decay. Not going into detail but its been around since they came out. Can also happen with goza mats and most floor type tiles. Items placed on said tiles are fine and wont drop, unlock, & decay but the graphic acting as the pseudo flooring can “POOF” fairly easily and completely unintentionally by the person that caused it.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn’t see it mentioned but some players use different colored soulstones to store certain skill groups. I use red for all combat skills, blue for all magic skills, green for all crafting skills, etc,... Just giving a reason some players would like owning different colored soulstones. I’ve certainly never asked for such things but have taken advantage of Dev plans to offer something unnecessary in way to many colors.

Carpets have had a LONG standing bug that drops them which causes them to decay. Not going into detail but its been around since they came out. Can also happen with goza mats and most floor type tiles. Items placed on said tiles are fine and wont drop, unlock, & decay but the graphic acting as the pseudo flooring can “POOF” fairly easily and completely unintentionally by the person that caused it.
I noticed a few carpet and floor tiles missing as well from my place. I always thought I was clicking them and not noticing them. the click to secure is really bad idea to replace a missing tile on a made floor can be a pain. On a wall you can see it yellow

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Well after visiting Trinsic in Tram and Fel on at least a dozen shards now I can tell you that on each and every shard it's pretty much the exact same pieces of carpet missing in all the same buildings. Which to me seems "odd" ... but the duplicate chairs and doors do not seem to be the same... though I will say that most all the duplicate doors are in all the versions of Trinsic with that hideously ugly colored stuff going on in the Tinkerers... Also found in a few towns where one door seems to have dropped a few clicks ... there are a fair amount of buildings completely missing doors altogether... and then there are at least 3 instances of Fel Trinsic where areas are blocked off with either added walls or piles of furniture which shouldn't be there...

But there are also areas with some very nice deco... I'd hate to mention any of it in fear that someone will decide it should all be ripped out and destroyed which IMO would be a shame and completely unnecessary... but it is what it is. To me, all that stuff is the history of the shard and meant to be preserved. Though there are fewer and fewer who even remember the story behind most of it sadly.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Carpets have a bad tendency to fall under other floor tiles. They're (usually) still there, but the ground/floor is drawn first, which usually means carpet goes MIA.

Any carpet laid by the devs (i.e. not an original part of the map) can have this problem. See the governor's houses for some glaring examples of poor draw precedence (some of the carpet and floor tiles are sometimes phased together) The clients also display flooring a bit differently, which sometimes makes things simply not show in the EC)

The only way to really fix this is to force carpets to be one tic above floor tiles, and then not allow them to drop when things are dropped on them and then picked up.

Don't. Hold. Your. Breath.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll keep blaming some moths... for the plague on the carpets in Trinsic... sounds better than poor code... at any rate the problem seems to be pretty much on every shard... so they can fix it or leave it whatever. Or they could chose to fix it along with the several dozen duplicate chairs... or duplicate doors which I figure will go away when they remove that disgusting multicolored crap from the tinkerers... at any rate just making a note of it...

Oh... and the north Bank of Trinsic is missing a corner tile on the second floor... a good way for a bank robber to break in... just saying.