• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stoppit and Tidyup

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok new content is interesting for a little while, but in the grand scheme of things it always makes the game more complicated. Can we do some tidying up?(Incidently i'm very pleased with the nice colourful spells in the masteries books and they all show bufs/debuffs and have a nice animation in game, very nice job all round.)
For example:
  • can we have the dragon barding on swamp dragons actually look like armour? rather than just changing colour of the dragon?
  • Can tamed rideable mounts require a saddle?
  • Can a bane dragon on CC look like a bane dragon and not a black swamp dragon?
  • can we have some sort of wake or white lines to show the ships moving through the water?
  • How about some waves in the ocean or beaches?
  • can we make the discord sparkle colour red to indicate a creature is being discorded rather than healed?
  • can the pet damage taken be yellow instead of red? (this might just be an unfixed bug)
  • can we have the shield and weapon not change hands when moving from left to right on CC?
  • Can a rideable mount leave a couple of temporary footprints behind?
  • Can a gargoyle cast a shadow?

Last edited:

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, after mistaking Smoot's concerns yesterday by not noticing he was using the classic client, I'll jump in here with this...

There is a very subtle "wave lapping" effect at beaches in the EC. The water also moves in the EC, but it looks more like a wide slow river.

• can we make the discord sparkle colour red to indicate a creature is being discorded rather than healed?
Discord effect is red in the EC.

• can the pet damage taken be yellow instead of red? (this might just be an unfixed bug)
Pet damage is pink in the EC.
I remember the footprints in the original KR client. They were really nice. I also remember people complaining bitterly, bitterly, about the system resources required for KR (required for all those new bells and whistles like footprints mind you!) and how they wanted to be able to run all this new stuff, on a woefully outdated system. (Ah logic and reason, to where have you gone?)

I've never understood why when developing the EC, the team didn't allow it to be much more scalable so that those with higher end systems could take advantage of some of the nicer, but much more system intensive aspects of KR. (I'm guessing the limited scaling was related to limited money.)

Gargoyles cast shadows in the EC. Both while on the ground and while flying.

Not trying to be a smart-aleck Mervyn. Just pointing out that some of what you're requesting does already exist. When I first read your ideas, I kept thinking, "But - it does do that!". Then I realized you where talking Classic Client. Same thing happened yesterday when I read Smoot's poll. At least I realized it before posting this time.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok new content is interesting for a little while, but in the grand scheme of things it always makes the game more complicated. Can we do some tidying up?(Incidently i'm very pleased with the nice colourful spells in the masteries books and they all show bufs/debuffs and have a nice animation in game, very nice job all round.)
For example:
  • can we have the dragon barding on swamp dragons actually look like armour? rather than just changing colour of the dragon?
  • Can tamed rideable mounts require a saddle?
  • Can a bane dragon on CC look like a bane dragon and not a black swamp dragon?
  • can we have some sort of wake or white lines to show the ships moving through the water?
  • can we have the shield and weapon not change hands when moving from left to right on CC?
If it requires new art, no, probably not.