• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stoneybrook Castle by Lex Anteris

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This review covers the design Stoneybrook by Lex Anteris for the Publish 106 custom castle contest.

Publish 106 (Entry #16 in Round 1) Stoneybrook by Lex Anteris
Castle-only contest. The concept is based on previous experimental keep designs created on TC1 between contests (post/link forthcoming). Design expanded to accommodate castle-size plot.

Lex Anteris Stoneybrook Castle Pub106 - Exterior.jpg Lex Anteris Stoneybrook Castle Pub106 - 1st Floor.jpg Lex Anteris Stoneybrook Castle Pub106 - 2nd Floor.jpg Lex Anteris Stoneybrook Castle Pub106 - 3rd Floor.jpg

The challenge this time was to create a cascading creek effect without the ice stairs appearing so much as ice, instead resembling water running over rock or stone. The perfect environment for a wilderness retreat. Since the theme would use grass tiles, stone, clay, and wood, the creek needed to be the tying element. The stone stairs blend with the blue stairs to create the feel of a stone riverbed with flowing water and grassy embankment.

Note that waterfall tiles do not block movement, and deeded and non-deeded objects can be placed or locked down. The short block pedestals have a floor tile underneath so items can be placed here as well. Lots of decorating possibilities.

Two means of entry. First entry method is the falls at the top. Open the gate and take the plunge. Stairs lead down to the 2nd floor. Second method is the double doors behind the west wall of the SW tower (designed so circle of transparency not needed to find doors).

Continued utilizing the earth/clay wall tileset, incorporating some stone elements. Wood tileset retained for the tower huts. The 1st Floor contains flexible common space for customization. The 2nd Floor contains additional common space, plus alcoves for display or storage. Additional space available in the tower huts and the waterfall room. Plenty of exterior vendor placements.

Thanks for the continued interest in my concept designs.
Voting is open on TC1 at the Britain Commons.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Eplored this one and found it simply stunning! The effect is perfect, and I was slightly confused until I realized what you used. Kudos!

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting note about Stoneybrook is the theme can be adapted by use of floor tiles. Cover the stone/grass tiles at the summit, plus the other various exposed tiles with snow tiles, and the theme changes to ice. Similar for swamp tiles. Lava tiles require different design considerations.

Still searching for missing parts of my P105 Custom Keep test design. Will post when compilation is complete. Includes Alpine River Run (which, for whatever reason, was not included in the P105 Custom Keep Contest list), and the Soulcano (P105 Entry #7 in Round 1) design adapted by a guildie).
Explored this one and found it simply stunning! The effect is perfect, and I was slightly confused until I realized what you used. Kudos!
Thanks Kirthag! That's the reaction I was hoping to achieve.