• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stone walls placement problem

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone figured out how to place stone walls and shorts on the north and west edge of keeps & castles? In the image below you can see placing on the south and east edge is not a problem.

UOSA0071.jpg

The only way I've been able to place a piece there is if I build the house one tile smaller and temporarily place a floor tile there in house customization mode. Exit. Place piece(s). Reenter customization mode and delete the floor tile.

Unfortunately, you can't do that on a true castle or keep or on anything built right up to the north or west edge.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
You have to place a floor tile under the first floor north and west walls and raise it up. You have to place them from outside the house, then go in to raise them. Once they are raised you can place the wall pieces on them. You will need to have circle of transparency on. It also helps if you don’t go into the house or on the steps prior to initial placement - so the contents of the house don’t load.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot get the tile to place. It won't set down inside the foundation and it bounces right back into my backpack outside the foundation.

UOSA0075.jpg UOSA0076.jpg UOSA0077.jpg

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOSA0078.jpg

I GOT IT!!! Man it's a tiny, tiny little sliver of available click area to set the tile up against the foundation. Then you almost cannot see it. Used object handles to raise it a few times.

Who figures this stuff out?

Why can't they simply add a double height and triple height short wall to the stone walls set? They exist for several other wall sets. Would make this ridiculously tedious task so much more simple.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Problem

Is there some kind of limit or restrictions on doors? I've placed 3 sets of double doors w/o issue. Now when I attempt to set another door down it bounces back into my pack and I get the message "you cannot drop that here." I've tried anywhere to set it down so it's not the location.

Also, the stone doors. It says in the uo.wiki to use the house deco tool to turn them but when I attempt to I get the message "you cannot turn that."

Last edited: