• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Stone Crabs

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me what skill level you need to be to catch Stone Crab? I'm at 110 fishing and i been using bait I used up about 200 bait so far nothing .

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can definately get them before 110, I dont think any of the pie fish/crabs have a high requirement to get. Try letting your traps sit longer 3-4 cycles of bobs even if you lose more traps. Bait use lasts as long as the trap is out so that allows you get get 3-4 uses per bait use per trap even with some sinking. Try that and you should be pulling them up in no time. Hope that helps and good luck.

G

Gowron

I managed to catch one before I hit 105 using no baits, but I haven't caught one since I hit 110. It's quite odd, actually.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got mine at 115 skill with no bait... i had tried previously with bait and used 100 uses up then stopped using them and got one.. go figure since then i have gotten one more in the over 9000 traps set

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have crabbers at 110 skill and 115 skill.. I crab daily and have had upwards of 3000 each of the named crabs at a given time. This includes me selling quite a few on a daily basis. I have yet to catch a stone crab and all my crabbing is done in the lost lands. I currently have over 72K of the unamed crabs and lobsters in storage if that gives you an estimate of how many total traps I have done without catching a single stone crab.

I had heard of people catching them before patch 69 but no one has reported since then..