• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Still waiting for more info on Flax plants

A

Ambrosia4u

Come on...Someone has to have a lil tid-bit of info out there. Do they give seeds and resources??? My Tailor is starting to drool with anticipation in hopes of resources!!!
Kittykat gave us this pic on the 'Picture of new plants' thread!!!

very lovely :) (took the pic on test center)

I never did get the "Grow_Plant" command to work on TC
it doesn't work on plants in your backpack - I'm unsure about locked down plants in a house - but I was setting mine on the bank floor and using the command and they grew a day every time I gave the command (and say the most amusing things when they grow hehe - like "irkirk")

I "grew" the black and white seeds I had as well...if anyone wants me to, I'll take pics of them too

*Crosses fingers and prays to the UO GODS!!*

Hope you don't mind my borrowing your post kittykat! ;-}

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe i don't mind :)

I can tell you from Test - there is no pollinating, resources, or seeds to this plants (same as all other plants)

(ps: I do believe though that it's Sakkarah's goal in the future for these plants to be giving resources - it sure seems like she's setting it up that way)

since it was in the set of seeds given to us, I can't tell you which monster it will come from (guess it's back to hunting for us all!)

A

Ambrosia4u

Sakkarah...You are a G O D!!!! *wishes to bow at her feet and do happy broc dance but has no idea where everyone else got their nifty lil emo-cons*

kittykat....I ran out Wed. night and collested seeds like a mad woman. The should pop in about 6 days. Will post which group I got the seed from (IF I get Flax) just as soon as they pops. I need to restock my vendors any way. I can't keep some of the plants in stock. They snatch them up too quickly. Takes me about 2 hours to collect all of the seeds I need each time I go a'huntin'. My hunting spots are always mine alone so not having to fight with someone else to collect the seeds. Makes this soooo much easier. Would be a lot easier if there was someone other than myself to collect. But, as I am the only member of the Guild still actively playing UO it takes me a while. EVERYONE else went to WOW!!! Traitors!!!! Well, One of them I can understand...her characters are MISSING, but the rest....Wishing I could PK in RL!!! LOL!!! Although, I occasionally walk by them an smack 'em in the back-o-the-head!! I got no one to hunt and play with. No one to chat on phone with while hunting, collecting, or killing. It's tough living with 3 other people, all talking about WOW and ALL of the quests they are going, while I trudge on alone in UO. ;-(. I can't take the graphics of WOW meself. They make my eyes hurt so badly that after a few minutes I get very head-ache and become very very green around the gills. KR does this to me as well.....not sure why!?!?!?!

Woooh!! Did I ever get off topic or what. Forgive me all. Just venting I guess. Thanks for listening.

Oh well...I need to go kill something....Right after I tend my lil babies!!!

D

debsmad

It's tough living with 3 other people, all talking about WOW and ALL of the quests they are going, while I trudge on alone in UO.
I hear ya on this one! We used to be a happy UO-addicted family here...myself, hubby, two teenage sons. We had a moment of boredom and the boys wanted to try WoW. They've been addicted to that ever since, almost three years now. :(

I played WoW for about a year but never got into it as much as them, and never as much as I've ever been into UO. I took about a year off of UO because no one I 'knew' played anymore. It's only been in the last 4-6 months maybe that I've been reacquainting myself with it, and gardening is once again the main thing I do. :D