• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Still a market for plants?

• Thread starter imported_Gwyneth
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Gwyneth

I came back to UO recently, and after looking around my shard (Chesapeake), it seems that most of the plant growing establishments are gone. Did the market for plants dry up, or is there some other reason why so many shops are gone?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sell plants on Chessy - but I've neglected my vendors the past month or so since work has been crazazy!

I know that Maritime Gardens hasn't been active for quite a while...nor has the plant shop near me. I'll take a peek around and see if I can find some active vendors.

I'm still steadily selling:

<ul> [*]plain plants at 2k [*]vines at 3500 [*]black plants at 5k [*]white plants at 25k [*]orange petals 5/3k [/list]

I also sell green thorns 5/5k and red leaves 5/1k, but these don't move as quickly.

Plain plants are my best sellers.

A

Avalonia

I think most of the reasons that shops have shut down has more to do with people quiting or putting less time into the game then it takes to run a vendor. I would love to find a decent plant vendor on LS, and I can only assume there should still be a market for them.

I

imported_Gwyneth

I'm hoping the market will be there once I have enough stock to open a vendor. It does take time.

Lord Djinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I think most of the reasons that shops have shut down has more to do with people quiting or putting less time into the game then it takes to run a vendor. I would love to find a decent plant vendor on LS, and I can only assume there should still be a market for them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think <u>quiting</u> is the underline.This graph shows the facts with UO at @ 70-75 thousand subscriptions. Yes, the sky is falling.

<center>
</center>

Side note,WOW is off the charts with over 10 million! Fact is, all the MMOG subscriptions are crashing down and WOW is shooting straight up like a rocket.

<center>
</center>

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hyssmaye's results are in-line with what I've seen on Atlantic. I can say that when I recently rebuilt my houses, I was desperate for plain poppies, and couldn't find a stocked plant vendor anywhere! (And this is on Atlantic, where it is decently busy!)

I'm also working on growing some stock to open a plant vendor, as the market seems very under-filled right now.

Re: those subscription graphics - in case anybody missed Jeremy's response to them:
http://www.uoforums.com/f580/those-who-follow-mmogchart-41663/

"EA doesn't release subscriber numbers. I have no idea where these are coming from, but don't forget your grains of salt.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic"

D

debsmad

I would love to find a decent plant vendor on LS

And I've been wanting to get my shop going again but figured there was not market. You've given me hope! I've been away from the game for so long though....tried to come back a couple times here and there but never find a reason to put my old effort into it. So sad to see our game slipping. *sniffle*

I

imported_Gwyneth

Well, I've decided to let hope reign, and just placed a larger house today in anticipation of growing many more plants. Probably won't have vendors up for another couple of weeks... then it will be time to distribute runes and see if there are any visitors and/or buyers. *crosses fingers*