• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sticky] Poll and Discussion: Do you, or have you ever RP'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangebeard

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a follow up from last weeks discussion about PvP, this time it's about RP (Role-Playing).

Last Weeks Poll Results
Do you, or have you ever PvP'd? (Total Votes: 67)

Yup, done it all... factions, PK'ing, O/C, server wars, notoing and had every template under the sun
19 (28%)

Yup, done 'organised' PvP (Factions or O/C)
13 (19%)

I've got a red, and that's about it
5 (07%)

Aye! Verily my experience is with Role Play PvPeth
13 (19%)

I've hit a guildmate (aka - sparring)
14 (20%)

Nope, never touched another player
3 (04%)

G

Total roleplay all the way, but not in ERPA or any other organisation any more. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

R

retepsam

I roleplayed obsessively for a while, in the heyday of the Green Gargoyle at Yewdale. But as it was a restaurant, and I was working in a shop, eventually being a waiter stopped being escapism.

L

Landlubber

I don't go out of my way to RP (too lazy to do all that typing, hehe), but if anyone gives me a "Well met, good sir!", I'll try and respond in the same vein. Don't want to spoil anybody's fun /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

skrutchie

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to but don't any more.
For some reason I liked rping before the trammel fel split, maybe because
there was real danger and real innocents or somehting like that.

E

Elv'eng

All my characters are roleplayed.

<blockquote><hr>

yes if you see a wolfspider run past say vendui'

<hr></blockquote>
*smirks* Not me! I'd shoot an arrow in ye and laugh *evil grin*

'ten tel'quessir en' Andune!

G

I used to RP in a guild called "LB". Somewhere based near Yew. That was a great time /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Uhm... Ive been in both ERPA and CoY, currently only CoY...

What option do I chose? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

L

Laton@Europa

You were in LB? I remember those days well... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Which character out of interest?

Oh, and back to the topic, I've always RP'ed. Mostly in ERPA with LB and now DCL, but also as part of the late, great, GYE... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

Depends on the people I'm with... some of my friends aren't interested in RPing, others solely RP :)

When interacting with people whilst travelling, I tend to start out from a RP point of view.

G

Gadwin

I have (a long while ago) done a little in CoY but i've been in ERPA for around three and a half years so i guess i'll have to vote with them.

I

imported_Aston

Done a bit of ERPA (Dark Cloaks [DCL]), and a bit of CoY (The Undead [UD]).
When I'm in the mood, and if circumstances permit, I'll roleplay my 3 reds.
Rest of my chars will respond in kind if interacting with a 'proper' roleplayer.
Ocassionally, I'll send a char over to where a CoY guild may be found for a bit of spontaneous roleplay (With mixed results).

I guess there has always been a roleplaying streak running through me, which I cannot give up on; even when murdering in Felucca.

B

Brokenhelm

OMG!! Ricarda Gayus is alive!! Unfortunately LB as it was isn´t. Get back into UO or i´ll join AO and ress-kill you! Well ok i won´t.. Tried AO and didn´t like it.

All my chars are roleplayed in one way or another.

S

Scarrab

Pretty much all my characters are roleplayed in the undead now

As it is the only thing keeping me to UO after 5 years
*looks arounds*

E

Elliot

Ah, the Britannia Guards. The memories, the scars the oh so dire pain of daemons teeth *Shudders*

Though I do not notice your name Meister. Were you a member when I was the Commander or were you after my time?

S

seas

i do it sometimes, with some people, or if i'm in a weird mood(no, i don't do drugs, any drugs!)

wannabe rp'ers scare me though, i had oen guy which liked my nails(wth? freak!) that went *grins* and aye all the time. real scary /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

L

Laton@Europa

Thanks Brok... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

And if my memory hasn't totally gone to pot Ricarda must have during my time because that's when we moved to Yew... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

BeeJ

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually roleplay with all my characters when they meet other roleplaying characters.
Currently I'm trying to get my gargoyle, who is the only character I have dedicated completely to roleplaying, into the Shirefolk of Yew (CoY) but I'm having a hard time finding any of the leaders when I'm online.

D

DeadCal

Yep - it's all Aston's fault too, he bullied me into joining DCL. *grins* To be honest, I probably wouldn't even be playing UO any more if it wasn't for RP.

F

Frobard

I have always roleplayed (it's supposed to be an RP game after all...). One char in CoY and the rest are 'blue'.
When I meet someone who doesn't roleplay or who uses a lot of LOLs and things like that, I just consider his language as another dialect. I don't comment on that. Very often these guys also falls into the rp role for a while and seems to have some fun :)
Also all my 'blue' characters have always been treated well when they meet ERPA or CoY characters. Sometimes it's more fun to rp with a 'blue' character than with my CoY character.

(And besides, doesn't everyone in UO roleplay in one way or the other? If not, why do the kewl dOOds (or whatever they're called) bother to get fancy armor or dresses for their characters? We are all playing with our pixel dolls aren't we? ;-)

G

I think I must edit my statement about that I I allways roleplay.

It not really true anymore.

I -try- to roleplay all the time, but it sure aint easy.

I mean, how easy is it to roleplay when you hear "lol U oona from strat?!!!??" and "do u have any neon weps with 9% whatever, +3 biddabong and +2 stat def incr plus flib blob on it?"

I try, but lately it seems I fail.

S

Suldrun

Most hard core RPers are to much into their own control freak thing for me. All those rules are tiresome. I have always RPed with my chars but cos I dont thee and tho all the time most people dont recognise it!

People who know me in game as Suldrun meet a very different person to those who know me as Aidris

T

Tyrone Joyce

Oooooookay here it goes...

I've roleplayed in CoY for like ever, under various names and guilds... a few i can mention;

Tyrone Joyce - Fallen From Grace/Tel'Mar Mercenary Company
Chris - Land Shark Pirates (GM)
Stylus - Guardsmen Militia
Culexus - The Crimson Rogues
Psychosis - The Undead
Chris - Shunhawks Highwaymen
Adriano Fort - Shirefolk of Yew
And currently another char in Guard... quite succesful too i might add *Winks*

Now for ERPA....

Chris - Justice Squad (J.S) Currently Judgement City Judges... Still in there with him and possibly the oldest member there now *Sighs* Those were reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally great times when J.S was at its peak and just starting. God Bless Evil Zen! Ahem... LAW! Spent a little while AGM'ing there then eventually GM'ing it but little time so currently going a bit a stray... anyway... thats me done for now i guess. And yeah its a shame about LB... it really fell apart when they left Trinsic... prior to those days you guys were pretty big too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And currently another char in Guard... quite succesful too i might add *Winks*

<hr></blockquote>
AHA!!!! You are Mathius and I claim my £500!

T

Tyrone Joyce

*Smirks* If i was Mathius i would have posted "As" Mathius... and he's a Footman! I said i was quite succesful!

*Winks* Only jokin' Math.

S

Scarrab

So thats where you dissapeared too, vanishing act faster than my skull sockets could see

come back at once! *Grinds his teeth*

K

Klion

Yeah I know which Guard he is. Cause he posted earlier as his Guard telling us he was GM of the landshark Pirates.

You know the rules about one character per CoY guild Mr!

T

Tyrone Joyce

*Grins* Aye i only got one Now *Sniffles* but i cant really be bothered to make another account. I wouldnt have posted all that information if i had two *Winks*

And aye thats where i vanished to Scarrab *Runs away*

L

Lana Daring

Is this not a real world?
*looks shoked*

Im trying to playing all time RP wiht my char, it makes my char what they are.
*smiles*

*signed wiht the stamp of Southwater*
Lana S. Daring

Status
Not open for further replies.