• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*Sticky* FINAL top 5 NEW Europa Forum Description! Vote! Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok guys, last and final poll before we have a new description. One entry has been removed based on the fact that there was some rigging of the votes and that is for sure a no-no.

I am going to let this poll run till Tuesday evening my time (Wed. morning UK time) and then we will have a winner!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 'vote rigging' comment came as a shock - and the suggested description that's gone was always strongly supported from the beginning, which makes it even odder...

Is there no way it could be reinstated, but the votes for all of the suggestions monitored? I'm sure there wasn't a plan by it's proposer to fix the voting at all, and it certainly was a popular sentiment for a 'board motto'?

(And before anyone comments, it was the one beating my suggestion, so I'm not exactly helping out my own cause by the request it be put back in!)

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mil,

The problem is we love the shard, but not the way it's been treated recently..... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

B

Blue Fin

Its number 3 for me too, all the others are knee jerk reactions to our recent and hopefully temporary problems. Any other of the top 5 will look silly in 2 months time (I hope).

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

all the others are knee jerk reactions to our recent and hopefully temporary problems.

<hr></blockquote>

If only that were true....

'Recent' problems like the server unreliability and appaling connection speeds for some Europa players have been going on for weeks now - a company really concerned about their customers would have acted by now, yet we are still 'hoping' they will do something. The mess of the 7th anniversary release did not apparently teach EA Europe anything, since they made no plans at all for SE to be released here, and are only starting to pay attention to their EA US colleagues, and us, very recently... and there is no promise they will get their act together and sort out a proper release now.

But... those are just the recent ones - EA Europe support for UO has been awful for a long time now - to quote Sunsword, he was aware of the distribution problems 'since AoS' - and that wasn't exactly yesterday! Check the EA UK website shop - or maybe don't bother, since it has now been 'temporarily unavailable' for at least three YEARS to my knowledge, others claim longer. Intermittent hardware problems have always plagued Europa, I don't think it's true that the previous board 'motto' about expecting lag and conn problems lasted for so many years without a large element of truth.

Much as I want the situation to get better, I've been told by OSI and EA things will be sorted out many, many times in the past without result. I now will only believe it AFTER I see the changes, not before... but it all comes down to whether you're cynical, as I and some other posters are, or optimistic as some folks seem to be.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im just happy mines on the list! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

(nr 1 btw)

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

W

Worf1108

there a reason why I can't vote ?? the one I voted for earlier in the week is still there so does that mean my vote is still with that one ??

N

Not So Wise

This is a totally new poll so previous votes should not affect it
What message it giving you?

G

Number 5 come on i made it
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
Number 5
get the point ?

G

i think my ctrl and v got locked down :-/
i got to fit the keys again

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not one to advocate the improper usage of elipsis, but all I can say to that is<blockquote><hr>

<hr></blockquote>

H

hopfull

Ahh i have no idea who suggest which of the top 5(well i know yours now)*smileS*.Would be nice to know who made the top 5 tho

G

*raises head above parapet*

One of them is mine, but if I say which, it might influence the voting!

*grins*

H

hopfull

Ahh i see
Well dont be shy in coming forward if you win....

thinking now tho Shy and S.P.A dont really go well in same sentance*winks*

G

Garrison Darker

One is mine /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif But I don't think I'll win.

H

hopfull

Ahh right so that is four of them claimed(tho of course we dont know who done which yet)
Wonder if anyone will claim the last spot*smileS*

G

S.P.A is very shy... not once have I seen him flash in public... otherwise you are right!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For completeness sake, the fifth one's mine /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Would have said earlier but I've been out all day doing weird real-life stuff like eating too much and going to cinemas and bookshops and games shops... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Garrison Darker

What do I win for 5th place? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Tanis (Europa)

I'll be more than happy to present you with a shiny new penny for your efforts?

G

We have a winner folks!

The new Europa forum description will be:

Europa -Learning to swear in 44 languages!

I promise to get it changed as soon as I can access my home again as I am kinda in a bad situation. I am in the states and about to have a huge very strong hurricane drop on my head so we are leaving for a few days but as soon as I get back we will get this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.