• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Steve Jobs

• Thread starter Fayled Dhreams
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fayled Dhreams

Just got uploaded to the big Pod in The Sky ...

W

Woodsman

This really sucks.

I hate to think what phones and music players would be like if he hadn't come back to Apple. And computers for that matter. Even if you didn't use any Apple products, if you go back and look at the state the personal music player market before the iPod, or the smartphone market before the iPhone, or computeres in general before the last 5 years or so of Macs, it's pretty clear that he helped move the industry forward.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was a narcissistic ******* and a slave driver but he sure had vision and he pursued his dreams ruthlessly and at all costs.

RIP Steve.

I think Lord Byron said something about how unreasonable men are the force behind all innovation and progress. That sums Steve up pretty well minus some of the character deficiencies.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That's a shame. :(

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to hear. Even though given that he had pancreatic cancer and the level of his work... even at 56 he lived a long time through his illness.

I'm not an Apple consumer, the last Apple product I bought was an Apple IIc... I do appreciate Jobs as a person, and the effect he had on the company, the industry, and people's lives. Jobs really was the Alexander Graham Bell, Warren Buffett, Thomas Edison, Thomas J. Watson, Jr., and Jack Welch of the our times.

I hope people respect him and his family enough to not start the Steve bashing at least for a respectable amount of time.

Adiados

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. - Steve Jobs

Those are the truest words I've ever heard anyone speak. Rest in peace dude, you were one of the crazy ones to think he could change the world, and did it.

T

Tertius Wands

I may have disagreed with his model, but he was an innovator and will be missed.