• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stepping down from the Yew governor seat

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fellow Governors, Citizens of Sosaria.

It has now been over 7 years since I first took office as Governor of the beautiful city of Yew. After a harsh campaign against an army of Gareth, I was elected to represent the citizens of Yew before this very council, and keep the city active, safe and economically striving.

I kept a relatively steady pace of one event per month, also getting involved in helping other cities as they requested volunteers to assist them with their local problems or projects.

During these 7 years, Yew and its citizens repelled hordes of orks, Minax’ invasion forces, and fought against spiteful foes like the ork Chieftain Crak’Trizh and Jimson Datura, rebuilt its main buildings after they were set aflame by invaders, but they also celebrated in many ways: Yew-lapalooza, the Yew Brewfest, Lotto-BOOM nights, and a memorable night of story-telling around a bonfire on the beach.

So many good times, with exceptional people. We sadly lost some of them along the way, like Ozog, the King of Pitmuck, Gods bless this little green devil’s soul.. and some others moved to other realms, like Lady Ashlynn, Lady Ivy and her son Victor.

After this long journey, I have less time and motivation for the function. I feel it is time for me to step down, and pass the torch. Some think they can do better, some have shown interest. Well, here’s your chance. I will not be running again at the next election cycle. James has expressed his intention of running for the seat in Yew, and has my full support. I’ll be happy to lend a hand and help for a smooth transition, and assist for future events.

Thanks to everyone that attended events in Yew, you made all these efforts worth it. And thanks to Your Majesty for your support and confidence during all these years.

Lord Tehan.
Over and out.

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Tehan. It has bee a great trip these past 7 years of your events and stories. The Orcs, the Lotto-BOOM games, the Walk of the Elders. The city of Yew has prospered during your tenure. Dragonspeed to you Sir!