• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Steam

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A couple friends of mine who I play with on xbox live recently convinced me to sign up for Steam. While I've been a console gamer most of my life and still favor console gaming for a lot of games I was really pleasantly surprised with what I saw on Steam so far. I can access a lot of older games I once loved for really cheap and download a lot of new releases on there as well. I'm probably a bit behind the times on this but just getting the word out to anyone who might have heard of it but not tried it yet. It's free to download and you just pay for the games.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may want to check this thread on the Steam Users forums:
Free Steam games list - Steam Users' Forums
It lists several games that are available for free via Steam.

Also, keep an eye on their offers.
Most weeks they have "Midweek Madness" from Tuesday to Thursday, and a weekend deal from Friday to Sunday (I think it's Sunday.
Then they sometimes have publisher weeks, where each day of the week, there's a deal on one of that publisher's games (there was just an EA one ended the other day).
And, sometimes they have event weeks, when they do daily deals on a botload of games every day (like, often things like 80% off)

L

LoL/Sonoma

I've been using steam for a year or so now and love it. I jsut wish they would throw UO on Steam ... for a nice cheap price we would pick up a few players every now and then =)

Cyphex

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You may want to check this thread on the Steam Users forums:
Free Steam games list - Steam Users' Forums
It lists several games that are available for free via Steam.

Also, keep an eye on their offers.
Most weeks they have "Midweek Madness" from Tuesday to Thursday, and a weekend deal from Friday to Sunday (I think it's Sunday.
Then they sometimes have publisher weeks, where each day of the week, there's a deal on one of that publisher's games (there was just an EA one ended the other day).
And, sometimes they have event weeks, when they do daily deals on a botload of games every day (like, often things like 80% off)

^this. I got battlefield 2, bad company 2, and bad company 2 vietnam on one of their sales. 60$ worth of games for under 20 bucks :thumbsup: