• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealthed back to UO to look around

• Thread starter imported_Gwyneth
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Gwyneth

I left UO quite a long time ago, believing my departure would be final. I even took UO off my computer and tossed my game boxes, certain I would never need them again.

Then, last week, while clearing out some things that have been in storage forever, I found a box I'd missed - LBR. I remembered my login, and...well, I don't know what "madness" came over me, but I installed it, endured some very lengthy patches, and found my items and characters still there (I rather expected they'd be gone by now).

I say I "stealthed in" because I have not yet contacted anyone I previously knew in-game. And since I am uncertain about many things, including how much I will play, and whether or not I will "fit in" if I stay, I gave my main characters new names. Not a sound financial move, to be sure... but the game has evolved since I left, and much has changed in the RW for me, as well. It seems right, somehow, that my characters have changed, too.

Anyway, if anyone runs into a chef named Eclair, feel free to say hi.

G

I have missed you, greatly and often think of you in game, in and around some places we have been or used to hang out.

I

imported_Gwyneth

I've missed you, too... we really had some fun times. I feel badly about staying away from the Stratics forum while I was gone... lost connection with everyone during my absence. I hope we can get together and catch up on things. If you want to PM me, I'd be delighted. *hugs*

G

Do you remember where Quaffer's Ale house was on Moonglow.

I found it empty about 2 wks ago, empty of home and homeowner beyond when Quaffer had had it.

So I placed there, you are welcome to stay there it is public. Any one friended can use the chests in the rooms.

The place is called:

Lookout Point Seafarers Inn .............

it is .......and INN for fishers, sailors, and of course vorpel bunny bashers and bakers !
Flour mill right there on first floor garden, house is behind that wheat field, south glow, not the larger field.

Lookout Point Seafarers Inn !

*maybe one fine day some regatta on this shard or navy, may wish to use the building till then, it is just an inn with empty bedrooms and a lovely scenic lookout point on top floor*

And, I still have the house by Moonglow Barracks, it is Moonglow Woodworks with some vendors all over the front porch ..and easter eggs.

I

imported_Gwyneth

Oh my gosh! I went by there the other night, but assumed Quaffer had done some grand remodeling. It's a wonderful building! My fisher-in-training found it particularly attractive!

I do have a house - thank goodness I kept what gold I had when I quit. On my first night back I placed a log cabin in Yew, just west of that large yew tree that drops bottles of sap. I still remember the day you first showed me that tree (and introduced me to the human to elf quest). That memory, in fact, was a primary reason why I placed there. If you're going to be around tomorrow night, please PM me. We can meet up and I'll friend you to my little cabin.

G

Aye I should be in this world tonite Monday providing that the sky gods of pvp weather fronts permits me to be, March is oft our worst storm and tornado month and Nov. And weather permitting Monday is the finale of the grand archery competition. . although I never seem to score that 600 650 per round as some archers have done. Me thinks the archery butts conspire against me some evenings. hehe

Well someone, more than one someones, has held the Quaffer alehouse spot since he bought my large Lyceum spot on glow. Anyhow you know me, I seen it was empty and well...........
I just HAD TO PLACE ! For Moonglow that is a pretty big spot.

We will get together, yeh I remember that spot in Yew quite nice also, and all that free sap in the yard one could wish for, and the big yew tree.

OH OH since ye just returned you have GOT to go see what they did up by Yew Justice garden falls, it is simply lovely how they redid it for this valentines day this year.

I

imported_Gwyneth

I should be in-game around 9:00 tonight... will definitely check out the falls. I always loved that area.

G

I DO bid thee a grand return WELCOME, my good friend.

I had not thought that I might see thee again.

Please visit with me, that we may exchange discourse of events in thine absence.

The Moonglow Festival 2008 planning meeting will be coming up soon as well.

Do send me a pigeon.

I feel honored for thy reapearance from the VOID!

G

Ahoy there! Sebrina just told me you were scouting around. I think she still has one of your pies on the steps of the Northgate Library. -So glad to see you back around.

You must come visit the Island again... I have moved to the "Grove," out the West Gate, and Quaffer moved to QZ's previous house, out the West Gate on the water.

Currently, I am charged with building up the Moonglow Maritime Navy, which Sebrina will give a report of soon. Ergnack, is still running around here as well stiring up mischief.

Big grins ...
You have been missed, M'Lady!

G

*hurck hurck*

Ib dat lat, Gwenyd! Ergnack wub pye! Quen zyn muk fer Ergnack, yeb yeb, und urmr tu.

Me chaz Multz bout ul rund, und gib hm herd tyme. *yuk yuk*

Lat gib tibute fer Ergnack wid pye tu? -bie guldmutter sumdy!!!

K

ken01

Hope your back to stay when I started back upfrom scratch 4 years or so ago I posted looking for a house spot which was a little harder to find then.Either you introduced me to maith or she to you I forget but you were both involved and one of you gave me a plot south of cove just off the coast then gave me a check for enough to build the house i forget the size but it was 3 storys.Anything I can do for you justletme know.

I

imported_Gwyneth

Thank you! I've missed all of you, very much. Being so fresh from it, I can tell you all about the "Void" when we get together!

I

imported_Gwyneth

So much to re-explore, and certainly new things to discover! And I'm glad to learn that UO's most delightful (albeit eccentric) orc is still alive and well.

I

imported_Gwyneth

That was Maith, to be sure. Or possibly Queen Zen... it was so long ago, and this old gray head gets fuzzy on details from time to time. Thank you so much for the warm welcome back! *hugs*

I

imported_Gwyneth

Ah, my good Ergnack, sadly, the chef known as Gwyneth is gone; however, her able apprentice, Eclair, has taken over her role and her kitchen. Eclair will feed you well when you decide to visit.