• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

stealth training question

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been training up my stealth, and I'm currently at 63.4. I know that at 65 I'm supposed to switch from newbie clothes & a robe to gm studded leather, but I was wondering, would I see better gains if I slowly built up to a full suit? (ie. start stealthing in a studded tunic and arms, and the rest just newbie clothes.)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over 40 views and not even one single thought on the subject?

I'm very disappointed in all of you. *shakes his finger at each thief in the room*

G

Doesn't matter. Load up with a full leather suit or just a cap. No difference.

I suggest building a treadmill in your house, btw... two linked teleporters, in opposite corners of the same level, with no exits to fall out of... set a macro to walk in a given direction with a hide command. If you fall out of hiding from a failed stealth check, you will rehide and auto-stealth without losing time. I ground stealth from 30ish to the mid 80's in an evening using a tread mill... just held down my macro button while I watched TV.

Good luck.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been training my stealth by wondering around either luna while people watching, or stealthing around Yew shearing sheep. I was just wondering if there was any quicker way to get to 65 so I could move on to studded leathers. Last night while in fel I seemed to hit a run of gains that jumped me from 63.x to 65. So today I'm starting with my studded suit. Hopefully it will be a fairly steady gain at least for a little bit.

G

You've got to stealth a lot. I got to 120 eventually on stealth on atlantic, but never bothered past 80 on other characters.

The key is to wear heavier and heavier armor until you are failing your stealth check about 50% of the time. That's where you get the fastest gains.

Start with leather, then studded, then ringmail. Past GM, I started adding some chainmail pieces.

Add a few pieces at a time and then stealth around for a few minutes noting how often you succeed/fail. You should be able to get close to a 50% failure rate in 5 minutes or so at the worst.