• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealth Stuck

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

My Stealth is stuck at 78.6. I'm not even getting my GGS anymore. I've tried putting on a piece of ringmail, but not gaining with 1, so try 2, then can't manage to Stealth at all.

Help?

D

dabears

full studded suit with close helm or something of the metal helm type

C

Connor_Graham

Aah, ok. Forgot all about studded and skipped straight to ring. Cool, thanks for the help.

D

dabears

<blockquote><hr>

Aah, ok. Forgot all about studded and skipped straight to ring. Cool, thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

np

G

Goliath_Knight

Dang Im stuck at 96.9 and I get nothing been trying to train stealth for 4 hours not the frist point

What I do?

C

Connor_Graham

I'm still stuck. Made a set of GM studded with the Close Helm, and can't stealth period. Took the helm off, and now I can stealth about half the time, but after a half hour of fail/not fail I still can't even get my GGS.

D

dabears

0 - 30 - Purchase
30 - 65 - Normal Clothes
65 - 95 - Full Studded Leather Suit
95 - 120 - Full Studded Leather Suit + Close Helm

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you probably do but make sure that you have skill points to give up to stealth if you are at cap

C

Connor_Graham

Is Stealth just that slow to raise once you get to this point? It went pretty quickly up to where I'm at, but it just seems that now I've run into a brick wall with it and haven't gotten so much as a GGS gain in over a week.

And I double checked to make sure, and I have more than enough skill points free to take it up to 100, then have it at 120 w/Shadow Dancer Leggings.

C

Chango Pelon

Have you guys tried Chain Tunic, Ring Sleeves, and Plate Gorget only?

I know that worked for GM to 120 for me. Don't remember how low I started it though.

D

dabears

<blockquote><hr>

Is Stealth just that slow to raise once you get to this point? It went pretty quickly up to where I'm at, but it just seems that now I've run into a brick wall with it and haven't gotten so much as a GGS gain in over a week.

And I double checked to make sure, and I have more than enough skill points free to take it up to 100, then have it at 120 w/Shadow Dancer Leggings.

[/ QUOTE ]

stealth can be a pain thats for shure.. i took mine i think to like 77... then used the shadow dancers bandana and a ring with 13stealth n 15 stealing 17lrc n fcr3 to get me up to 120 hahaha!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried suicide? I know last time I had a skill stuck, and GGS didn't seem to be working, I chugged a few bottles of poison, and set off an explosion potion in my hand. That seemed to do the trick. Don't know if that will help you or not, but maybe its worth a try.

C

Connor_Graham

If I can't get a GGS gain soon, I'll probably give that a try. I've got a pixie tree behind my house, so won't have to go through too much effort for my Despicable Thief to get himself killed...

G

For a slightly less masochistic way, you can try going to brit moongate and just south is a server line. Jog back and forth over it a few times. Also try switching sub-servers, running in and out of dungeons (Wrong, Shame etc).

I found that if my gains dried up/stopped I took a break, had a quick tour of some of the sights of Sosaria and then started again in a different location.

Usually picked back up again without the need to add another death robe to my collection

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

For a slightly less masochistic way, you can try going to brit moongate and just south is a server line. Jog back and forth over it a few times. Also try switching sub-servers, running in and out of dungeons (Wrong, Shame etc).

I found that if my gains dried up/stopped I took a break, had a quick tour of some of the sights of Sosaria and then started again in a different location.

Usually picked back up again without the need to add another death robe to my collection

[/ QUOTE ]

This actually worked. I headed over to Buc's Den and crossed the server line just past the bridge on the way to the blacksmith's a few times and the GGS finally kicked in and I got 2 gains. And I didn't even have to play the kamikaze at the pixie tree behind my house. Thanks again.

G

I was stuck for a bit too. Then I tried a trick a friend suggested. Put on a full studded suit (no plate mail until 95). If you can in your house put 2 of the same teleporters on opposite sides or corners of the same floor preferably in a room with a good amount of room to walk. Go into your options and enable pathfinding w/dbl right click. Write a macro for UOA for hiding wait 10500 then stealth wait 10500. Then set yourself pathfinding from one teleporter and you should pop up on the other teleporter in the same room. Rinse and repeat. Just keep hitting your macro in UOA every time it runs out. Just be persistant it takes a while but it worked for me. I didn't have to wait for GGS, went from 65 to 80 this way, I haven't gone past 80. Good luck!