• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealth stuck at 25.6

B

BigDog

I have created a new character and am working on the quests in Haven. I have completed the hiding quest and am working on stealth. I was gaining fine up to 25.6, but have not gained at all since then. I have been trying for a couple of hours now in the accelerated gain area in Haven. I have been gaining in my other skills, just not in stealth.

I have tried logging out of UO and have had my guy killed to see if the gains would start up again, but no luck. Can someone help me get my gains going again?

Thanks

G

You are supposed to wear certain armor to gain. The "heavier" the armor, the more difficult it is to stealth. Try throwing on a studded tunic.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try to buy stealth above 30 skill. Even wearing some jewelry will help.
Sometimes skill below 30 won't move well.

No need to wear armor below 50

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what i do/did:

0 - 30 Buy skill from NPC
30 - 65 Normal Clothes
65 - 95 Full Studded Leather Suit
95 - 100 Full Studded Leather Suit + Close Helm

B

BigDog

Yeah, I thought of that too late. I cannnot buy the skill when I'm doing the quests. I've put on a tunic to see if that helps get the gains going, but not luck so far. I'm still gaining in hiding though!

Do you know if I quit the quests that I have if I can buy up the skill and then retake the quests?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure you can.I think you better of the find a jewelry with a little stealth skill on or the burglar bandana till you can move your skill to real above 30 . Then take off the stuff again.

G

I would continue trying to train it without any clothes on at all... or as Frarc suggested, using a piece of armor or jewelry that will boost you into the 30s until you work it up a bit more. Also, are you trying to "use" the stealth skill or are you trying to walk while hidden? Might go a little faster if you hide and then take a step.

G

what shard are you on? if you need help getting jewels or anything I can help(depending on shard)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to TC just for you. Made new character. Then took the stealth quest, canceled it and then bought the skill and then i was able to retake the quest.

G

you can resign from the quest, buy the skill and obtain the quest again. Work it up to 50 and get your reward.

*You beat me Frarc*

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

you can resign from the quest, buy the skill and obtain the quest again. Work it up to 50 and get your reward.

*You beat me Frarc*

[/ QUOTE ]

When i'm not 100% sure of things i always like to check things out!

Just something more i know incase someone else in the future as a simular question.

B

BigDog

Thank you for all the help. I cancelled the quest, bought it up and started training again. I'm getting my gains again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You are supposed to wear certain armor to gain. The "heavier" the armor, the more difficult it is to stealth. Try throwing on a studded tunic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acctually you dont want to do that till around 80 skill in stealth.