• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Stealth Archer question

A

anvira

I am currently in the process of making a stealth archer and had a couple questions about my template. How effective do you think this would be? I am totally up for suggestions on improvement!!

120 Archery
120 Stealth
100 Hiding
120 Chiv
120 Ninjitsu
120 Tactics
20 Focus / Misc skill maybe tracking?

Will be wearing faction RBC/Fey/Mace & Shields/Imbued Arms,hand,neck,jewel

DCI Approx 60
HCI Approx 45ish / maybe more with weapon, not sure
DI 50 (weap) maybe 25-50 on jewels

Unsure if having the Chiv is a good idea, or putting healing on the character (due to stealth/dog-wolf form with the HP increase don't know if wasting the skill points is worth it, since I'm a pot chugger)

Any suggestions? Is this EVEN going to be a viable template for PVP???

Thanks in advance! Shred it if you must, I'm trying to learn something here :)

J

[JD]

120 Archery
120 Stealth
100 Hiding
120 Chiv
120 Ninjitsu
120 Tactics
20 Focus / Misc skill maybe tracking?
Are you in factions? If not, you can stealth in all-mediable gear without failure at 75. Otherwise if you are in factions and experience statloss, you'll want higher stealth if you intend on still stealthing while in statloss. Keep in mind hiding can't go above 100 trained so it could cause a failure...

DCI Approx 60
HCI Approx 45ish / maybe more with weapon, not sure
you want 45 HCI for sure, DCI you have more leeway with. since you have stealth it will be protecting you from needing DCI like visible characters would. but, i understand you are building using inexpensive artis, so the DCI is essentially "free". when you go to do an actual imbued suit however, you'll probably drop most of it.

Unsure if having the Chiv is a good idea, or putting healing on the character (due to stealth/dog-wolf form with the HP increase don't know if wasting the skill points is worth it, since I'm a pot chugger)
keep in mind weapon special attacks and spells generally do NOT work while in animal form. thus the only time you would chiv is if you summoned an ethy while stealthed or if you were just flat out on foot. you would certainly NOT need 120 chiv for healing in any case, as its amount healed will depend not on the skill level but your karma.

the only reason you would raise chiv to 100+ would be for Holy Light. and as
an archer you can just get a 50 hit area bow. it might be kinda nice to have a small amount of it for remove curse, mini heals, consecrate, eoo, etc.. but you wouldn't need 120.

consider some anat and 90 healing too. can't tell you how many times i've been poisoned right before stealthing and i get popped. i'll hit a bandage and then smoke bomb and it will cure while i'm stealthed.

A

anvira

Wow, thanks for the response, appreciate it!

And yes, this is a faction character. :)

N

NickyDishes

drop chiv.....ive played stealth archer for a long time in many ways and forms and its not useful at all....trust me drop it.....the points are much better used elsewhere

J

[JD]

Lastly with all those arties instead of imbued, you are really gonna be low on LMC and pay a lot of mana for your specials. At least you get the mana discount...

Though, if I remember right I didnt use too many specials as a stealth archer. Mainly you dismount, and then AI or chase with moving shot. If you group with others at all (field/dungeon fighting) you will need to use less specials, all you need to do is get the dismount and then try to get the kill shot! :gun: