• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

stealing questions

• Thread starter Masumatek
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Masumatek

What are the benefits of having higher stealing? I heard most thieves don't get legendary...why is that? And is there some steal formula for percentage chance of success based on your stealing?

Also, I found this in the FAQ:

"You may not steal any item that is beyond more than 12 stones in weight."

Is this accurate? So I'll fail if I attempt to steal an item if more than 12 stones in weight?

What if say I'm stealing a pile or regs weighting 100 stones. I'll fail then, even if I have the room in my pack? Or will I steal some of the regs, 12 stones worth of regs? Same with potion stacks, arrows...etc?

Thanks!

I

imported_Lucretia

No soup for you. You get nothing, nada....zip.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Here are the formulas. See if you can make heads or tails of it. The blue words are copy/pastes from Jeremy. The white words are one of my guildies, Spock. The charts are from Spock but they're directly from the formulas:

http://uothief.com/scrapbook/guides_tutorials/spock/theft_formula.html

I don't get what the first chart has to do with any of it. Difficultly of 2 digits without witnesses versus a difficultly of 3 & 4 digits when there are witnesses?

If you skip the first set of values and go straight to the bottom it looks like the heaviest items you can steal is 14 stones at 120 skill and you have an 18 percent chance. And that check is ran for each witness in the area.