• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing from zealots in exodus broken?

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get a couple exodus keys this way in about an hour a few days ago. Now i've spent around 3 hours straight in there and havent gotten anything other than a small gold pile. Something changed? I've got 120 stealing also. It cant be that rare and it cant be a horrible RNG thing could it? I've probally stolen from around 100 zealots and nothing.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to get a couple exodus keys this way in about an hour a few days ago. Now i've spent around 3 hours straight in there and havent gotten anything other than a small gold pile. Something changed? I've got 120 stealing also. It cant be that rare and it cant be a horrible RNG thing could it? I've probally stolen from around 100 zealots and nothing.
This is probably old news for many.

The best way to use a thief in Exodus is to pick and loot the chests. You need Detect Hidden, Lockpicking and either Magery for TK or Remove Trap. The chests have 1 each of an explo, dart and poison trap. Only the last really causes problems. Don't trip a trap when u are dismounted and a Paragon is in the vicinity. You won't get away easily. If there is one around, make sure you are mounted for that last stage and can run. The Detect Hidden abilities of the monsters in there is generally weak and you can stealth around almost without concern.

The loot is what makes this the way to go. I get an Exodus key approximately every 5 chests. Each chest also contains 2k gold, 20-30 gems and Invis/Smoke/Parasitic Poison potions. The Smokes and Paras are really good value as they are either tedious or expensive to make. Carry a Bag of Sending - I will usually send 100k to the bank every hour I do Exodus on my thief. I try to get enough keys to make sure we get a guild party in there when I want to do it. As they last a week, I will usually turn up with 20+ keys to distribute.

I am currently exploring the potential of stealing invasion arties in Fel... PvP thieving opportunities are so limited now

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone recently stolen from Exodus Zealots ?

Are they still broken in regards to stealing ?