• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing dried herbs and other town items

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I'm curious about the crates and barrels these things are found in. Does it increase the spawn or respawn of these containers if you take everything out or will it be generated randomly each time they reset? Also, how long is the reset interval for these containers?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Some you have to *prime*, open the container and either put something in or take something out, go back in about 20-30 minutes and open it again.

Usually the reset is 15-20 minutes.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think @Petra Fyde has a post here explaining exactly how to best do this. I just can't seem to find it. Having never done this before, I must defer you to her.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I'm the expert on this one. I can offer this: Stealing from Town Shops – Ultima Online
you do have to 'prime' the boxes by stealing something to trigger a re-spawn. Dried herbs, to the best of my knowledge, spawn only in the shop in Moonglow. Some town barrels and crates are empty until opened. unlock them and disarm/trigger the traps then return later.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think @Petra Fyde has a post here explaining exactly how to best do this. I just can't seem to find it. Having never done this before, I must defer you to her.
Yeah I was just looking at it last week...Petra had some amazing information in that thread and now I can't find it...Petra did you remove it? ;) I know you have to be loyal to the other forums but that thread you had here was awesome. You had what cities were the best for what items...like Moonglow for the Herbs and Serps for Blacksmithy items....I did write some of it down but now I wish I had saved it all.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe no, I haven't removed anything. Are you sure it was mine?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh yes I am sure...it was from like 2006ish maybe? I don't remember if you were the thread starter...I think you were....but for the life of me I cannot find it now! I just finished making my first ever thief character and that thread was so helpful. I was marking runes for ALL the smith shops and ALL the provisioners but you posted there that only a few towns were the best for each town rare so that cut down on my rune marking quite considerably.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I think it was in response to a question though. I am 100% sure it was Petra who wrote it.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
First that thread is great and covers so much information. I am still looking for the spawn locations of two things listed as Doom stealables on the UO wiki web site but can find no information on them other than what's there. Does anyone know where the Alchemist Shelf or Arcane Table stealables spawn in Doom? Also, the hanging plate tunic, arms, and legs?

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah the image on the uo wiki is what I used until I did them enough times to know where they were.

Remember there are things across in the gauntlet that you need a gold skull for.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
Ok, final question on this topic I promise. I have found one reference to stealable items in Deceit, lost lands, blackthorns, and the floating market. I've also seen some comments that they do not spawn any more. As Old Stratics seems to be the only source I was wondering if anyone could clear up if any of these items still show up? Thanks again.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old stratics is NOT the only source, but some of the things you mention are not stealables, but daily rares

[edit] I just checked Blackthorns and successfully stole the gilded statue and one of the paintings.[/edit]

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah sad to say the Old Stratics pages are outdated, the most up-to-date info is on the UO wiki (Thanks to Petra) and it's what I have been using.

I finally went through the Underworld and got all those stealables.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
ah ok thank you very much for all the help just trying to locate some of the unique pick up items.

Didn't even know daily rares where a thing, it was listed on the stealable page, so it's great to know where to find the information!

Vixen

Visitor
Oh yes I am sure...it was from like 2006ish maybe? I don't remember if you were the thread starter...I think you were....but for the life of me I cannot find it now! I just finished making my first ever thief character and that thread was so helpful. I was marking runes for ALL the smith shops and ALL the provisioners but you posted there that only a few towns were the best for each town rare so that cut down on my rune marking quite considerably.
There's never any herbs hanging flowers in boxes in fel Moonglow. And where's the big provision shop I can't find it

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nope only in Moonglow is were I've found them but like me and Petra have said, sometimes you have to prime them before they spawn.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To prime a container, either empty it, or place an item in an empty one, then come back around 20 minutes later to collect its (re)spawned content.
AARRRRRRR, do tha empty ones need to have an item put in or just opened?

Rat

Visitor
That's interesting, some empty containers don't seem to fill once opened, and for "full" ones, the new spawn doesn't seem to replace the content if not empited first. Could rules vary from one spawn to another? Or different shards maybe? Or both...

Edit: did some testing here on Siege and some content spawns at a fixed time, no matter if you are currently looting the container or if items are put inside first.

Last edited: