• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Statues Stuck in a Box

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, here we go on some odd IDOC finds...

I have two boxes that have statues inside.
All statues just say 'statue' when you hover over it with no description and you cannot move the items out of the wooden box.

The first box has 2 statues with total weight of 510 stones.

The second box has 3 statues (2 diff types) with total weight of 765.

Question - What are these and is there any value to them?

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These were from a long time ago. They were created by leaving box's on the floor of the artist shop outside Moonglow (no longer works btw). If you left the box's on the floor, statues would appear in the box. The valuable ones at the time were the 10 stone statues that could be moved. At that time this was the only way you could get those statues.

If you chop the box, the statue will stay were the box was and never decay and can't be moved. There are a few collectors of these, but I have no idea of current value. A couple years ago I saw a couple people offering 15-20 mil for a box with one statue, or 20-30 for a box with multiple statues.

Hope that helps ;)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there main use is stopping house placement....a gm will remove them..but say if a castle falls a crafty player may drop one wee the once once stood....so any unsupecting player trying to place on the original baseline will fail everytime....giving someone a huge advantage....

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard that those boxes were illegal. Never read anything about it also.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were illegal to own at one point. They were deemed "obtainable through exploit". GM Zilo made it very clear. But then these type of information comes and goes like the wind and if the information are not kept up it is as though it never existed.

AAron Darkscribe and Wilki even had a list at one time of what was considered illegal. On that list were water tiles, portable forges, statues in boxes, etc.. but like I said once they left so did the list.

S

Smiley Gladhands

I think we were at the same IDOC :p

I got a few as well.

I've only seen the gm's delete them when it blocks house placement but who knows. I've seen a lot of them used for deco in front of someone's steps and they've been there for years.

I got a few single statue ones that are 255 stones and double statue with 510 stones.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They were illegal to own at one point. They were deemed "obtainable through exploit". GM Zilo made it very clear. But then these type of information comes and goes like the wind and if the information are not kept up it is as though it never existed.

AAron Darkscribe and Wilki even had a list at one time of what was considered illegal. On that list were water tiles, portable forges, statues in boxes, etc.. but like I said once they left so did the list.
Thanks for the info folks.

This is just another case of what ticks me off about EA and this horrificaly coded game/system.

There is NO reason why if they decide something is illegal - they can't just 'Delete from item_table where desc=statue and weight=255'. (I realize the actual SQL statement would be a bit more complex but you get my point).

It is just insane to me that I could be holding something 'illegal' when there is no published list. They control every object in game on their own servers. If it is illegal - delete it from the list/table of objects. If you aren't going to delete it - it should be legal flat out. I never understood how I could know what was illegal when the illegal list is secret.

Thanks again guys - this forum is by far the most helpful.

TheMan2010

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well main reason it was made illegal was cause people would use it to stop a house from being placed.. and its a pain to get the gms to remove them..