• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stats not increasing

Miretar

Journeyman
I absorbed a 25 point stat scroll, locked all my skills except my int and have gotten no gains despite casting high level spells in combat. What am I doing wrong?

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe you also need to have your skills set to raise - but might remember wrong. In case you have your skills locked that will give you int gains, try and set these to rise and see if that helps.

And as S_S mentions, 125 is the limit, in case you are trying to surpass that.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe you also need to have your skills set to raise - but might remember wrong. In case you have your skills locked that will give you int gains, try and set these to rise and see if that helps.

And as S_S mentions, 125 is the limit, in case you are trying to surpass that.
This is correct. If you have a skill locked it will not increase your stats. However you CAN gain stats when a skill is capped (ie you mining is 100 but you still have it set to raise and use it to gain str).

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Depending on what stat you're trying to gain, I find best method is to stone off a skill, then just artificially work another junk skill when it's at zero so you get lots of gains and more chances of stat gain. Lumberjack works great for strength. Focus/Med work great for Intel, etc.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As mentioned, you don't actually need to gain skill as long as the skill is set to raise in order to gain stats. If you're skill capped you can just lock all skills then set a skill with a primary stat tied to the one you want to gain to gain and use that skill.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
certain skills will work certain stats.
when i want to gain STR i use arms lore.
when i want to gain dex i use music.
when i want to gain INT i use med/focus.

it does not matter if i have that skill or if it is maxed or at 0.
lock every else except that one skill and have it pointed up - again, dosnt matter if you have any of that skill or not.
have the stat you want pointed up.
use that skill.

for me i just make a macro arms loring a weapon and just loop it.
for music i do the same, bang a drum, loop it.
ect ect.

i do though find some sometimes it take a but to 'prime the pump'.
there are days i need to loop the macro a bit before the gains start up.
other days they go right off the get go.

gotta love the RNG.

as an aside, this works best if your capped in skills already.
or buy up random skills to get to your cap.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And right here in the Stratics New Players FAQ - which is chock full of information.Scroll down a bit for the gain list but there may also be other info you're curious about.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on what stat you're trying to gain, I find best method is to stone off a skill, then just artificially work another junk skill when it's at zero so you get lots of gains and more chances of stat gain. Lumberjack works great for strength. Focus/Med work great for Intel, etc.
What he said. That's what I do. I do mining for str, play an instrument (musicianship) for dex, meditation for int.

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I set magery, med. focus, and evaluate int up for Int, if I understand it correctly each time a skill attempts a gain you can also gain a point in either the primary or secondary stat. I always stone off these skills first if I have them and then loop some spell, Int goes up very quickly. I also found that with Strength being the secondary it can be moved quickly as well with three of these. More skills trying to raise more Int and Str raises.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why you stoning off a skill?
It’s not 1999

If you’ve reached your skill cap of 720, can just have every skill set up, and performing any action will make your stats change.
Like spamming weaken on yourself checks against focus/med/resist/Margery/eval

Merlin I think is playing a free shard or something as his advice is something pre-AOS even.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why you stoning off a skill?
It’s not 1999

If you’ve reached your skill cap of 720, can just have every skill set up, and performing any action will make your stats change.
Like spamming weaken on yourself checks against focus/med/resist/Margery/eval

Merlin I think is playing a free shard or something as his advice is something pre-AOS even.
Thank you!! I was wondering WHY stoning off skill(s) was necessary! I buy up random skills until I hit the 720 cap. Then I lock all skills EXCEPT the easiest one to use (that's not a secondary) for gains (music, mining...whatever). People don't realize you do NOT have to physically gain in a skill for a stat gain as long as you are at max 720 skills. I can take a new char and have stats completed within about 1.5-2 hours.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Thank you!! I was wondering WHY stoning off skill(s) was necessary! I buy up random skills until I hit the 720 cap. Then I lock all skills EXCEPT the easiest one to use (that's not a secondary) for gains (music, mining...whatever). People don't realize you do NOT have to physically gain in a skill for a stat gain as long as you are at max 720 skills. I can take a new char and have stats completed within about 1.5-2 hours.
But the lower you skills are the more times that skill will get a hit, it is just like raising skills. Stone off all skills and train the skill you want to stat raise and watch how fast it goes. I do this all the time when I want to mass change stats for a char.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But the lower you skills are the more times that skill will get a hit, it is just like raising skills. Stone off all skills and train the skill you want to stat raise and watch how fast it goes. I do this all the time when I want to mass change stats for a char.
I have done it both ways and found the 720 max skill fastest for me. The other way requires having to gain skill points to gain a stat point. Like if using mining to gain STR, after about 35 mining, both skill and stat gains slow down considerably unless you stone off that 35 mining and restart it. Time consuming.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I have done it both ways and found the 720 max skill fastest for me. The other way requires having to gain skill points to gain a stat point. Like if using mining to gain STR, after about 35 mining, both skill and stat gains slow down considerably unless you stone off that 35 mining and restart it. Time consuming.
Training dummy in your house or mage skills depending on what stats you want to change. Once you hit 30-40 skill stone off again.

Miretar

Journeyman
Well actually first thing you need to understand is that the stat you want to raise is already at its max….

I thought the scroll would le me raise my int over 125.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their advice.