• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Stats for my template?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What Stats would you recommend me to have on my Blacksmith/Tailor/Carpenter/Tinker/Imbuer?
What Strength/Intelligence/Dexterity would you recommend?

This is what I currently have and I feel I should put as much as possible in Strength just to be able to hold more weight.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What Stats would you recommend me to have on my Blacksmith/Tailor/Carpenter/Tinker/Imbuer?
What Strength/Intelligence/Dexterity would you recommend?

This is what I currently have and I feel I should put as much as possible in Strength just to be able to hold more weight.

Max out strength for sure to carry materials. So max str, then rest in int, and minimum dex (10) no need for stat scrolls, waste of money on a pure crafter.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From a base 230

125 STR (plus another +25 from equipment for a total of 150)
10 DEX
95+ INT (+plus however much you can get in equipment, up to 150). If you are going to ever be a scribe with this character, you want INT maxed out with lots of Mana regen and mana increase on top of the +INT. If you ever luck into low-end stat scrolls cheap, raise INT till you get to 125 (or 150 with equipment).

I've noticed on some characters that while some have said that each stats is capped at +25 from equipment, that the characters were able to get +30 or more toward the 150 cap from equipment if they were below 125. Don't know if this was a misunderstanding or an actual change.

You MIGHT want to eventually raise stamina up to at least 30 through a combination of Dex points and equipment bonuses to dex or stam, eventually. With only 10 Dex, when overweight you might be limited to 1-3 steps before being unable to move.

For a resource gatherer, there's debate on elf or human (from experience, the elven bonuses aren't what they are made out to be, but they are still a slight edge in some areas, while being weak in things like carrying capacity).
For the actual CRAFTING, no race seems to be better than another, except for the Garg bonus to Imbuing (and that doesn't seem to affect reforging) - so Human is better as a crafter for most skills, from the higher weight carrying ability (3.5 times STR instead of 3).