• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS State of UO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 6:00 pm Eastern time, Thursday, April 3rd, we will be hosting an interview with the Developer Team on Google Hangout. A link will be provided that day. So please plan on joining us for this exciting interview.

What I would like to do at the moment is gather questions you might like to Ask the Devs?

Thank you for your assistance.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Questions:

a) Any news on new vet rewards?
b) Any news on RTB?
c) Any news on GM situation?

PS: Please make a VoD of this for the people in timezones that dont allow to watch this live.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. High resolution artwork?
2. How is progress coming along on the worlds biggest bug list?
3. Any plans to fix the non-vendor transfer bug thing
4. New PvP system progress
5. RTB (I'm sure they said April before in a producer letter??)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To my knowledge Taylor is not actually affiliated with Broadsword, but his comment here piqued my interest some time back. So...

1. Is there going to be a marketing campaign and/or a push for new players? And on a possibly related note, what is the status of the announced Counselor program?

Also,

2. Are there any plans to crack down on the rampant cheating (unattended scripting, gold selling, duping, etc) in UO?

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. A status update for vendor search and explanation of its recent failure.

2. A status update on the recent counselor application requests

3. A status update for MyUO.com

4. How do you plan on handling the abhorrent Dupe Detection system and absence of exploit policing.

5. Roadmap for future expansions

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 6:00 pm Eastern time, Thursday, April 3rd, we will be hosting an interview with the Developer Team on Google Hangout. A link will be provided that day. So please plan on joining us for this exciting interview.

What I would like to do at the moment is gather questions you might like to Ask the Devs?

Do we need to be logged in to Google+ to participate in this?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
What plans are there for future add-ons/expansions, and when might the next be expected to be released? It's already been far too long since the last one.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also, will we be able to view this later on Google if we can't make it? I know already that I will be unable to participate at that time. (6 pm ET is always a very inconvenient and busy time of the day for people west of the Eastern time zone who have families to attend to.)

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
6. When do you plan on transitioning from checks -> account credit system (duplicate question from above)
I concur, looking forward to creating an account bound gold system.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this one belongs to EA but the billing system is doing more to drive or keep players away than anything else that comes to my mind. I have talked several of my "old timey" UO buddies to give the game a try again and all but one left again when the billing system completely failed to either let them reactivate or pay for their accounts.

Does anybody at Broadsword have any say so or influence with EA and their abortion of a billing system? Can we expect to see any positive changes soon?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
chaos order...
faction system

top two of my best memories in game..

multiple day long seiges on a base was the times

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off ..Thank you Tia for the heads up and the request for our questions.

Question one:
Is there a chance for UO players in the future to be able to change Characters and or Shards after the initial log in without havimg to keep reentering the password? Perhaps add in a security code not linked to the billing info to get into the account.

Question Two:
Along with adding more items to the stackable list as mentioned above (the fish food which I second soundly) Could a type of loader tool be made or added to the crafting menu. The loaded would hold a max of 1000 uses of any crafter made tool. IE: sewing kits, mortar and pestle etc.. (small adenda to this in reguards to the Fish food being stackable, could a small adition to the water jug be made to enter the number of water needed before pouring? Chasing the water jug for watering tanks is getting old fast.)

Question Three:
Have we the chance to get the Bod books down to the 1 item count/1 stone and useable locked down with the allowed user tag like chests have?

While I like the idea of gold being total account accessable I dont like the loss of the physical gold. I see it being too easy then for the outsiders who use UO as a rl money system to get richer off the players needs. So before this becomes a hind sight to go "goldless" was a bad idea chant.... Raise the amount on checks to 1 mill., 10, 25, 50, and 100 mill. This would save players hastles and make it much easer on getting a vendor off a property and still have a spot in the bank for your bandaids.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with ur check idea you don't understand checks over 1m makes dupers even happier. but that discussion is better for well... many other posts on that issue. :)

would be a great plan if we had zero dupe issues... but that's been an on going battle since 97

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi guys,

This thread was created for questions for the State of UO on Thursday. Please keep discussion focused more on that and less on others. We have a great team gathering feedback and questions for the community.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about changing starting players bags..

ie.. more startup cash.. (10k?) a full book.. depending on what skill u start with .. maybe a runebook with a few runes for a few towns ... luna.. new haven... brit .. and some charges on it to help em get around

maybe a basic suit with 45 all resist... medable if they make mage.. plate or something if not... again just tossing out ideas

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a few on top of my head

A) Are you still going to have gold/checks tied to account/all characters backpack instead of the physical gold/checks to each individual characters only has?

B) Since gargoyles in UO are more technically advance, is there any chance in the future the UO community may see some steam-punk armor introduced?

C) Will there be any system introduced where crafters/resource gathers can contribute to cities to "change the look" to say (Improve, enlarge buildings,docks,update them, to get the gist what I was asking)?

D) Can resisting magic be changed back to the original old formula?

E) This may be a bit long but here goes and this one is for the thieves,

Since Thieves can only steal in PvE ( items in dungeons, mobs) and PvP ( non insured items off of players, mobs, and dungeons) is there a way to improve on thieves and make them more of a fighter type class with a new weapon skill for thieves only ( which would require at least 3 type of skills that thieves usually have)?

F) Is it possible to bring back minor city invasions( like one day or 2 days a month) where a random city can be invaded by either Trolls/Ogres/Dragons/Jukas as an example? Kind of like a small but quick event.

G) Not talking about land expansion here but utilizing the existing non used lands, would you all be willing to add small villages/outposts for players who like to explore in parts of the game?

H) Will Trammel cities be tied to the system in Fel concerning cities in the new Vice vs Virtue system?

I) Any new player race being added in the future?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This doesn't have to be too complicated.
"I know you already have some plans and a priority list of issues to address and problems to solve. Can you tell us what they are? What are you already working on (besides the vendor search). What other issue or project is next on your list? What is the next noticeable change or improvement to the game we can expect to see?"

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please have live interviews with you Dev's and Broadsword every 90 days?

That's 1hr every 3 months, which shouldn't overly stretch any schedule - but would go a long way in improving relations with the players that pay the bills.... What say 'ye ?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can we get some hints on what Broadsword has in store for us?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's 1hr every 3 months, which shouldn't overly stretch any schedule - but would go a long way in improving relations with the players that pay the bills.... What say 'ye ?

Totally agrees with Startle on this.

Many current and next gen games have now days do many videos ( like what direction the game is going and/or talking about publishes) and interviews and Q&A's.

Sometimes what is being said is more understandable in a video rather than just a post which can be read and understood by many in different ways. Plus, it goes a very long way with a community than just a post here and there.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mesanna has already spoken to us about doing this more often. The changes with Broadsword messed this one up for February.
Thank you!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey Galen .. i was just adding ideas... questions..

trying to help

don't be a troll.
To reply to a post, use the button that says "reply" at the bottom of each post.

The very mention of the idea of shard merger should qualify as a troll at this point. Given how quickly shard merger threads are deleted or locked, it's clear that most of the time the moderators agree and quite properly so. It is, however, a most-excellent tactic to troll and then accuse those who call you out on it of trolling.

-Galen's player

Orich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To reply to a post, use the button that says "reply" at the bottom of each post.

The very mention of the idea of shard merger should qualify as a troll at this point. Given how quickly shard merger threads are deleted or locked, it's clear that most of the time the moderators agree and quite properly so. It is, however, a most-excellent tactic to troll and then accuse those who call you out on it of trolling.

-Galen's player
Even if you consider the specific question of shard merging zealously redundant -- certainly there is justification to inquire as to what Broadsword plans on doing about dead shards.

Perhaps a global shard merger isn't realistic ... but perhaps merging certain dead shards might be. Or free character transfers from A to B with raised item limits for qualifying characters.

I think it's a perfectly valid topic for our new caretakers.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs - and Broadsword is the SAME TEAM, have repeatedly and emphatically said no to:
Shard mergers
Classic shard
Free to play
Please do NOT bring up these 'dead horse' topics yet again, it will be classed as an attempt to derail this thread into a troll fest.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taking care of empty shards:
Does this concern the team?
Do they think about a solution? Or have they decided to simply leave everything as is?
Personally I would suggest to open up shards for free char transfers, just like you can currently copy your char to TC1. Thus you could easily attend an event on shard X and be back to lunch on your home shard. If not world wide transfers, at least local transfers (between all EU shards, between all west coast shards, etc...) should be opened up. What does the team think about such a solution?

Taking care of checks: Is this idea still on the plate? When are these going to be removed? ETA?

High-res art! Any update?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Vendor search. They seem to have pinned a lot to this working, and it's not. We really, seriously need to know what's up with it. Whether it's important to any of us individually matters less than the fact that it is major, it should be working, and it is not working.

2. Content. I mean to define this very broadly to cover such things as EM events (will they continue under Broadsword), global story arcs (preferably non-retcon ones -- and remember that not every global story arc has to be epic), dungeon revamps (which one is next? are you going to re-examine, say, the Void Pool?), etc. (Content drives the game, drives gameplay, drives interest.) I think I'm the only one to mention this so far but that doesn't mean I'm the only interested party. It just means I was the only one who thought to mention it.

I think we take for granted just how important content is in the quest for interesting mechanics. But you can only, say, test Virtue vs Vice, or a new weapon mod, or a new template, or what have you, so many times and, after that, it becomes about content.

-Galen's player

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Can we get tamable tigers?
2) Will we see different colored (tastfull) dragons in the future?

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad I work Thursday night, shame this could not be Friday or Saturday. =[
If one of the stratics mods wants to pass along my question:

Will Broadsword be funding any sort of new expansion for UO? It's been several years since the last full expansion, Stygian Abyss... New content please. =[

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Will Gold checks be going to a gold per account basis?

2. Anything New PvP wise?

3. Any expansions coming out with new content?

4. Any possibility of updating servers to faster ones?

5. What is your opinion of "outlawed" websites, third party programs, common exploits etc...

6. Revamping spring clean up at all?

7. Will the Governor System get any significant changes?

8. Will there be any reoccurring publication of event drops, pictures, player stats, dmg reports, healing reports, or reward system for players that attend regularly?

9. Any chance Mythic/EA will or can change the way accounts are set up?

10. Any New Skills coming out or revamping old "useless" ones?

11. Any possibility of making the vendor search a website instead of an in game map?

12. Myuo ever going to make a return so we can see players and guilds on a web site?

13. Game mechanic calculators, a general how things work ever going to make it back to the uo.com website?

14. Game Counselor update?

15. GM changes? it currently takes about 2 days to get a response and half the time its via email telling people GMs cant help with that problem.

16. Any chance of adding macro options for 2d to have all the same options as 3d?

17. any chance of adding a global map and party tracking for 2d like 3d?

18. Any chance of adding a pvp area like arena but with different games like domination, FFA, capture the flag etc...

19. any monthly rate changes?

20. adding any moongates?

I think that covers about everything i want to know. :) if you got through all of it you get a brownie. If you didnt you still get a brownie.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we could simply focus on being united in pressing them to hold regular, scheduled Google Hangout meetings, then there will be plenty of time to inquire about whatever UO fetish any of us have.... Right?
Just sayin..........:cool:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Tia, can you please answer my question in post #19? Will we be able to watch a recording of this later if we can't make it to the live gathering? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.