• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat Loss?

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,
I keep hearing about stat loss, which as an old player returning to UO, only applied to permareds back in the days.
How does it apply to factions?

I'm training a character to join factions at the moment, but if I have to deal with stat loss on top of gankers and kills from the same faction as me, no, thanks.

S

Sir Kenga

It's actually a skill loss, though everybody keep saying "statloss" :) You suffer skills decrease when killed by member of enemy faction for 20 minutes. If you are killed by non factioner or member of your own faction u get no penalties :) except your death and insuranse costs.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's actually a skill loss, though everybody keep saying "statloss" :) You suffer skills decrease when killed by member of enemy faction for 20 minutes. If you are killed by non factioner or member of your own faction u get no penalties :) except your death and insuranse costs.
Sums it up pretty well. Good post. :thumbup:

M

mutau

Right, so it's only temporary, good news.
And what's the toll?
Also, if you try to kill yourself or have your pet kill you, you suffer skill loss too.

About 1/3 of your skill is lost for 20 minutes. So if you are 120 in a skill, you go down to 80.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you try to kill yourself or have your pet kill you, you suffer skill loss too.

About 1/3 of your skill is lost for 20 minutes. So if you are 120 in a skill, you go down to 80.
Yeah , the suicide thing is pretty funny. I found that out the hard way.

M

mutau

I've seen guys use that method so that they won't lose faction points to their enemies.

Just before they die, they use a trap box on themselves.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen guys use that method so that they won't lose faction points to their enemies.

Well a trap box does usually about 4-9 damage..

A suicide box does 23-45 damage. :]

FOR ALAH!!!

Z

Zambowow

This doesn't apply to everyone for some reason. When I trap box myself, I don't go in stat!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This doesn't apply to everyone for some reason. When I trap box myself, I don't go in stat!
did your faction toon make the box?

or was it made by a faction toon?

maybe try a non faction made one.

meh?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accidentally ran around the other night with a box doing 30 dmg exp on me. It definitely statted me when I tried to kill myself after getting para ganked.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accidentally ran around the other night with a box doing 30 dmg exp on me. It definitely statted me when I tried to kill myself after getting para ganked.
Yeah, Zambowow just has special Communist powers.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 1/3 is too much to my liking, or 20 minutes too long, whatever.

If I sign up for some PvP action, I want action, not waiting time.
Maybe I'm too used to WoW battlegrounds/arena, but PvP is fast paced to me, this stat loss will probably hold me from getting involved into factions.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm too used to WoW battlegrounds/arena, but PvP is fast paced to me, this stat loss will probably hold me from getting involved into factions.
Then why post in a faction forum?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 1/3 is too much to my liking, or 20 minutes too long, whatever.

Take note that most players have more than one faction character to keep the fight going. Keep in mind that factions are very team based PvP. You also benefit from the cheap and better factions arties..

I have 4 characters that are disposable.
2 Necro Scribe Mages with identical suits.
1 Scribe Tactics Mage with separate suit.
1 Bushido Archer Swords Tamer with separate suit.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I figured so, but it's like going around the system, the same way we do with 'BoD mules' to get a new bod every hour when the main is on the 6 hours timer.

I can understand why that stat loss was put in place (while it didn't exist when I beta tested factions a long time ago) but it's just calling for cheating.

Thanks for the insight ;-)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you still have to log in on all chars and wait for the skill loss to expire after the fighting is done. Like murder counts it does not expire while being logged out.

Also real men fight in statloss too :p

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nay, not necessarily. You just have to be a bit more careful. Especially as a mage you're still useful for healing or fielding.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nay, not necessarily. You just have to be a bit more careful. Especially as a mage you're still useful for healing or fielding.
Yeah but that is considered desperate measurements.
If you're not in a dungeon it would completely be unnecessary.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I usually have multiple faction characters per shard on separate accounts. If I die on one, I log in on my laptop on that acct to work stat off while I play on the other.

If I die on both accounts within the 20 minutes then I played poorly and its time for a time-out anyways.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I usually have multiple faction characters per shard on separate accounts. If I die on one, I log in on my laptop on that acct to work stat off while I play on the other.

If I die on both accounts within the 20 minutes then I played poorly and its time for a time-out anyways.
Hahah good stuff.