• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat Loss when blessed - super drag

H

Honest Dan

Ok, I know about the extra 4% stat loss when using discord and para but I was surprised last night after I tamed 2 super drags and both times they lost more than I expected with their stats. To my calculation an extra 4%!
I tamed them while they had their stats augmented by Bless spell or something. I love taking screen prints of their stats before and after taming them. So when I saw one with 1940 hp I thought wow I'm gonna have a 970 pet. But when I finally tamed it its HP was down 933!
1st Drag

2nd Drag

Any ideas?

I'll post pics and stats of the last one I tamed last night.

Thanks!

G

Are you absolutely sure the 2nd one is the same dragon you originally lored? I'm looking at the int figure, and wondering if you off-screened to heal and didn't return to the same dragon by accident.

First dragon int is 638 both before and after taming, but the second one is 590 before taming and 625 after?

H

Honest Dan

Yes I am. The 2nd drag was still under some spell/s when I took that picture, which I took immediately after taming it and gating to moonglow. I will take another picture when I get out of this dungeon =).

Thanks for looking.

I

imported_revenant2

If this is true, it sounds like honor tame (in which the dragon is completely non-stressed and will cast nothing on itself) really is the way to go, at least fot the time being =p

H

Honest Dan

<blockquote><hr>

Are you absolutely sure the 2nd one is the same dragon you originally lored? I'm looking at the int figure, and wondering if you off-screened to heal and didn't return to the same dragon by accident.

First dragon int is 638 both before and after taming, but the second one is 590 before taming and 625 after?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics of the 2nd drag with stats back to normal.

K

Karthcove

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I know about the extra 4% stat loss when using discord and para

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew para reduces the stats by 4% but Discord does also?????

H

Honest Dan

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely.

H

Honest Dan

<blockquote><hr>

If this is true, it sounds like honor tame (in which the dragon is completely non-stressed and will cast nothing on itself) really is the way to go, at least fot the time being =p

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can still do it with peace/tame. Just have to time your taming right so that you dont tame while it is under a bless spell.
Peace
Lore
Tame
Invis(lots of em)

Dang hard work but it is best when doing it with a buddy or two.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]There is no increased skill loss on being peace or discord tamed. There is no stat (str/dex/int)loss at all for para/peace/discord taming.

Only paralyse taming brings with it the extra 4% loss of skill and even that only negatively affects those critters whose skills may exceed 100.

When I get tired of walking around in circles, I regularly para-tame cu sidhes since all skills reach a maximum of 100 and they can all be retrained to their 100 max skills.

I would not, however, consider para-taming reptalons, fire steeds, hiryus, rune beetles, or greater dragons, etc., whose skills can exceed 100. Discord or peace tame them? Sure, no extra loss for either.

G

I'm glad someone else asked this quetion. Thanks for the throrough explaination of all those different methods, LadyNico. I've been curious myself.

H

Honest Dan

It happened again.

This time I took a screen print before the dragon blessed itself. I thought I took a print screen when its stats when it was blessed but i didn't.

I intentionally tamed it while it was blessed to see if the dragon was gonna suffer an extra 4% loss after taming it. It sure did.

As usual, an extra 4% stat loss. Instead of HP getting halved down to 910, it came down to 874.

Does this only happen to me?

G

It's not just you, it has happened to me as well, at least twice, a few weeks ago. I didn't realise the first time. It's a nasty bug

I think it must be that although the stats are scaled down on taming, the unbless is not scaled down, so the unbless has a greater impact than it should.

I use honour to tame them now, and if they bless before I honour myself I invis and wait for the bless to wear off.

I've sent a bug report in.

G

Unfortunately, I missed the pre-tame screenshot but I just nabbed a greater with high hits but mediocre everything else. I honor tamed (and got him on the second attempt) so there was no blessing or cursing going on. When I gated him back to town, his Hits were around 965 for some reason so I waited a while before stabling him and now he has the proper amount showing... No idea why it would dip and then come right back up like that.

H

Honest Dan

<blockquote><hr>

It's not just you, it has happened to me as well, at least twice, a few weeks ago. I didn't realise the first time. It's a nasty bug

I think it must be that although the stats are scaled down on taming, the unbless is not scaled down, so the unbless has a greater impact than it should.

I use honour to tame them now, and if they bless before I honour myself I invis and wait for the bless to wear off.

I've sent a bug report in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to hear that. And thanks for reporting it too.

Yeah, I do make sure that they are not blessed before I tame them. I just wanted to prove that there is a bug with regards to taming a blessed Greater Dragon (haven't tried on any other tameables).

Let me know if you get any feedback on this. Thanks

I

imported_revenant2

Here is an interesting tidbit about this.

I went to Twisted Weild, cursed a Cu Sidhe, and lead tamed it, and then cast Remove Curse on the fresh tame and looked at its stats.

I then lead tamed one without cursing it.

Cu Sidhe #1
Pre-tame str: 1224
Cursed it, tamed it
Tamed str: 562

Cu Sidhe #2
Pre-tame str: 1221
tamed it
Tamed str: 610

Curse trashed it's final str, it seems.

mmmm.