• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Starting to train up Weaving, wondering if I am wasting my time...

wishdragon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I know it is a powerful skill to have as an extra on a template but being so dependent on focus...am I wasting time training it?

How easy/hard is it to find anyone to do the focus on Atlantic?

I see people spamming a need for focus quite often in chat, not sure how effective they are in getting people to participate.

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I know it is a powerful skill to have as an extra on a template but being so dependent on focus...am I wasting time training it?

How easy/hard is it to find anyone to do the focus on Atlantic?

I see people spamming a need for focus quite often in chat, not sure how effective they are in getting people to participate.
Imho, its a great skill to have. I use it on my tamer. There r no issues getting a good focus group on atlantic, usually a cpl ppl standing on the circle, if not, just call it out on general and ppl will show up

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or stone it off, get a lvl 6, then stone weaving back on...or use the sw mastery and you only need one person.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dont understand this? Why would stoning off SW give a level 6 focus? (I guess I am missing something here.)
Because at 0 level skill, any 5+ non-weavers can get a focus together. More trouble than it's worth, IMO, unless you're actually running a human that's taken the quest and has 0 (20 JOAT) weaving with no intent of actually gaining more.

Two people with level 3 mastery and maxed Weaving skill can get a level 6 in Britain.