• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Starter Template

Tehdood

Visitor
Hello!

I'm returning to the game with a new account as an EJ right now after not having played in probably 20 years.

I am looking for advice/suggestions on a "starter" template. Ideally something that doesn't require high end expensive gear or come into its own well into the end game with maxed out skills and stats.

Something that will play solidly early on, can solo pretty well and help me establish myself with money and items so I can get a house and start working on a more specialized template capable of farming bosses and high end-game areas.

I don't have a preference for melee vs casting. A Sampire was suggested to me but the information I found on them suggests that they do typically require fairly high end gear and don't really start to feel good until they max out.

A bard ortamer sounds cool but I never actually played one so I'm not sure if they are still even relevant or self sufficient. Definitely prefer an adventuring class as well initially instead of a crafter.

Planning to roll on Atlantic.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I run a Mystic Mage as my main character. It is capable of participating in almost any content, it is survivable and has good range of damage output. Alot of decent gear out there for mages that doesn't require too much gold. Check out my post here for skill breakdown:

I would also be happy to get you set up with some basic mid-range gear. I play 9pm EST until midnight most days, so can connect in later evening.

Happy Travels!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would suggest a paladin perhaps.

Go with
Swords
Tactics
Anat
Healing
Parry
Chiv

From there, bushido is good to add, or maybe resist

This will let you solo some stuff, not high end stuff, but you can participate with it in groups, and earn better gear.

Bards and tamers take much longer to build up,
So having a melee toon can start bringing in gold and gear for the others.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh, and no house until you go paid, and very limited storage.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I would make a gargie mystic, with spell-weaving and magery, and imbuing and FLY all over, as an EJ. Youll be surprised as to what you can learn and do.
Simplest and possibly easiest maybe melee type, like Archer to start with, go where there is major boss like Scalis the enforcer when people drop nets on the docs Magincia etc. and wait till the end when loot on body becomes public, and gear up from the loot.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I second what Merlin and Celticus posted. My main toon is a Gargoyle Mystic/Mage w/Imbuing and he does well in most content.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Well I would tell ya this here now. Make Thissen a gargoyle thrower, then take Thissen on down underworld, then stand on ledge gaining skill on slimes then slugs. Then yer can have a very healthy hit & run toon. Add in some chivalry 80 - 120 for EoO, 60 necro for wraith from, whilst using curse weapon to heal Thissen, with 100 spirit speak for nice type heals & mana gains with some slayers it s all a lemon-squeeze from there.