• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Started a new Imbuer today now what?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I started a new Gargoyle Imbuer today and I am trying to get him started. The trouble I am having is finding items he can imbue. I got his swords up to 51 so he is pretty low on the hunting scale.
I could unravel a few of the loot items from either Ettins or Orges. Those were all grey attributes. Not all of those could I unravel. I kept getting the not high enough skill level message.

So a bit frustrated on how to progress I am here to ask how do I raise Imbuing above the 40 I started with? I have read a few of the guides just think they are out of touch with how I need to proceed.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did read that guide and tried to follow it. Which led me to making the above post. You can't just unravel any loot. Being a 50's swords person I can mange to kill ogres, Gargoyles, Trolls to get some magical loot. What I can't do is unravel it all or even most of it.
So I will ask again how does one proceed? What level loot do you use to unravel and get enough supplies to begin Imbuing? I haven't made any skill gain at all so far with the limited items I have been able to unravel, 15 in all. I have bags of loot ready to go for points from the T hunter that the imburer can't unravel.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I usually start with rings and bracelets from level 1 to 3 chests. Worst case scenario, get yourself a few dull copper hammers and use normal runic crafting to make tons of daggers to unravel.
Unravel the bag, put aside what didn't get unraveled.
Get more rings until you start unraveling essence. Then go back to the bags you set aside and unravel them. Whatever wasn't unraveled there will be relics when you hit 90 imbuing.
After you unravel essence, start gathering all the loot from level 3 chests (sans those stupid 50 stones ones) and keep on going.

If you have an imbuing alacrity scroll, you can get to 105 to 110 before it expires by doing this. Every time you log out, the timer on the alacrity stops ticking down till you log on again.

Bax

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
  1. There is a nice spot in the Tomb of Kings in Te-mur just before where the chaga mushrooms spawn. Gargoyle guardians and silver serpents spawn regularly but not 2 fast. These drop lower level magic items in abundance, lots of gold and a few imbuing ingredients as well. You can easily fill your pack in 10-20 mins, rinse repeat and you will have a lot of residue and essence in no time (and you will need a lot of residue to get to 120, about 10-15k without using scrolls).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You don't need to imbue anything to get to 120...
Level 6 maps will be your friend when you're past 110. You will pretty much gain every 3 filled bags you unravel.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You don't even need runic hammers to craft daggers. Use a normal hammer and craft golden daggers, or oak wood whatever, or spined leather caps, or kill things that are weaker than ettins (lizardmen/ratmen/orc/skeleton/zombie perhaps?). Using a dull copper hammer vs a golden ingot is about the same price per dagger, but maybe buying a few copper hammers is easier than collecting gold ingots?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Considering that golden ingots are easily acquired at Blackthorn's dungeon nowadays, I think going with them is a better idea.
You can spend an hour there and walk with 15K ingots and maybe 2 minax arties.

Then craft a lot of golden daggers to get your imbuing to 70 through unravelling.