• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Star Trek Online

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent very little time playing UO this past week. Instead, I decide to catch up on Star Trek Online. Cryptic Studios is very busy at the moment. They are getting ready to launch Cross Platforms. STO will be going to the PlayStation 4 and X-box One. Unfortunately, PC gamers and console gamers will have different servers.

They recently add another free expansion to the game The new expansion is called Agents of Yesterday and takes place in the 23rd century. I believe it is 5 years after the first series take place. Eventually, your 23rd century Captain will find their way to 2410. Which is the current year in STO. The new story arc will take you into the 29 century and then back to 2410.

The new expansion is alot about time travel. I ended up playing 8 month of content in 2days. They also redid the skill tree for space and ground. They redid the skills tree for tactical, science, and engineers.

I guess in 6 month it will be time to go back and play against.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I spent very little time playing UO this past week. Instead, I decide to catch up on Star Trek Online. Cryptic Studios is very busy at the moment. They are getting ready to launch Cross Platforms. STO will be going to the PlayStation 4 and X-box One. Unfortunately, PC gamers and console gamers will have different servers.

They recently add another free expansion to the game The new expansion is called Agents of Yesterday and takes place in the 23rd century. I believe it is 5 years after the first series take place. Eventually, your 23rd century Captain will find their way to 2410. Which is the current year in STO. The new story arc will take you into the 29 century and then back to 2410.

The new expansion is alot about time travel. I ended up playing 8 month of content in 2days. They also redid the skill tree for space and ground. They redid the skills tree for tactical, science, and engineers.

I guess in 6 month it will be time to go back and play against.
I played Star Trek Online OBSESSIVELY for a few weeks, hit the top level at the time... then logged in maybe once or twice more then never again. Heh.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There a little more to do now a days. There are nine reputation systems to grind. There are still Fed and Klingon factions. They added a third false faction the Romulans. When you get to lvl 10 you have to join Federation or Klingon side. They added the Delta quadrant, Iconan War, and the time traveling stuff.

PvP is still broken. Ground based characters got nerfed sort of. I normally go back and play after they add playable missions, and the winter event.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reputation grinding was what ended my WoW addiction. :p
Interesting. I didn't mind the rep grind back in the day. For me, it was how they kept dumbing things down and taking the strategy out of gameplay, that I said enough is enough. Haven't played in 2 years.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When it came out, I played it up to maximum level. Great game. But I lost interest - like always with leveling games...