• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stamina Loss when getting hit by bosses

Finegold

Journeyman
I am loosing a huge chunk of stamina when fighting bosses, which sux as my swing speed drops and if If not hitting, im not leeching mana or life... I'm dieing a lot to bosses, and it seems to be when they cut into my stamina.

I have stamina leech on weps.

Using Metal Armor will help I understand. Does anyone have experience using metal armor in their suits to offset the stamina loss when getting hit.

I got a nice set of legendary stuff, but its all Mage Armor, so I dont get the stamina loss protection bonus.

Looking to switch some pieces up for crafted/imbued metal armor (with +8 stamina increase).

To get best stamina loss protection, do I need to change out 6 pieces.... head, neck, chest, lefts, arms, gloves

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can take off Mage Armor at a mage vendor for 250k a piece before you change everything

Finegold

Journeyman
Duuuude.... seriously? That might be all I need, will give it a try. Thank you.

Any idea how many metal pieces gives "enough" stamina loss protection?

MrMightySmith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks up to 5 pieces is the max for stamina protection so i assume you some bonus for have 1 metal piece but nothing over 6. I personally just dont think the stam loss protection is good enough in most cases verses Studded Hide or Bone because they give the 15% bonus LMC. I run chivalry and just use Divine Fury as a balance to losing stamina at times.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks up to 5 pieces is the max for stamina protection so i assume you some bonus for have 1 metal piece but nothing over 6. I personally just dont think the stam loss protection is good enough in most cases verses Studded Hide or Bone because they give the 15% bonus LMC. I run chivalry and just use Divine Fury as a balance to losing stamina at times.
I agree with going for LMC over stam loss. The metal piece that I try to wear is the Blackthorn Mace and Shield.
If for some reason stamina leech isn't cutting it, I'll use confidence or drink a refresh pot.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What weapon are you using and what is your swing speed increase? I see people running 20 SSI and 180-190 stam. While that will get you 1.25 second swing speeds using a double axe, I personally don't find it ideal. I prefer running 35 SSI and 180+ stam. This gives you a bigger stamina buffer when getting hit hard since you only need 150 stam + 35 SSI to keep swinging at 1.25 per with a double axe.

If you're still struggling, you can try a faster weapon and use feint.

Then there's always the switch to a balanced/one hand weapon, drink a total refresh, trick.

Finegold

Journeyman
I got 210 Stamina -- swinging at 1.25

I do Divine Fury + confidence and that works, but still loose chunks of stamina at a time.

Feint is great too.

I dunno, maybe I just need to get gud, or just give up and play my tamer like everyone else.

Thx for the advice lads.

Fenbay

Adventurer

I do Divine Fury + confidence and that works, but still loose chunks of stamina at a time.

Feint is great too.

I dunno, maybe I just need to get gud, or just give up and play my tamer like everyone else.

Thx for the advice lads.
I just accept some lame deaths here and there and deal with it. Makes it all much easer to bear.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Feint is great too.

Thx for the advice lads.
210 stam and what ssi? What weapon are you using and what boss are you fighting?

Finegold

Journeyman
Only 5% SSI, 10% with city buff, no SSI on wep.

Using daisho.

Latest horrible death was navrey nighteyes using bladed staff. No ssi on it either. Witj 210 stamina i figured i didnt need ssi on wep. Maybe that's a problem?

Weps are 100% elemental
Mana leech
Stamina leech
slayer

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Only 5% SSI, 10% with city buff, no SSI on wep.

Using daisho.

Latest horrible death was navrey nighteyes using bladed staff. No ssi on it either. Witj 210 stamina i figured i didnt need ssi on wep. Maybe that's a problem?

Weps are 100% elemental
Mana leech
Stamina leech
slayer

Ok, now I get a better idea. Bladed staff with 10%SSI and 180 stam will swing at 1.25 per second so 210 stam with 10% SSI should be able to solo Narvey assuming you are chaining Armor Ignore and doing 150+ damage each hit (near 300% Dmg modifier).

Preferred setup for Narvey is 100% fire dble axe (or two hand axe if your good) with Swords mastery III for Onslaught. You will do significantly more damage and the more damage you do, the more stamina you'll leach back. If you can't fit SSI on your suit, then imbue 30%SSI on your weapon to reach 35% SSI.

My other suggestion is that 210 stam on a sampire suit is high and you probably made sacrifices to reach that number. My guess is, you are using Ozy obi instead of crimson cinture and possibly not using mace and shield reading glasses (helm).

Crimson cinture +10 HP is necessary for survival against bosses, otherwise the alternative is a slither talisman. You ideally want 140+ hp at a minimum.

Mace and shield gives you Hit Lower Defense. My archer has 210 stam with the mace and shield helm but only 140 max hp due to using an Ozy Obi. So it is possible you do too! Anyhow, HLD is pretty important since it helps you miss less and reduces those bad chances where you miss twice and Narvey lands two hits for 40 each.

If you want an example of a decent sampire suit, here's my old one:
Selling Armor - PvM Sampire Suit 6pc 130mil (ATL)

Good luck!

Last edited: