• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Stamina 174 vs 182? :)

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone:)
I got 60 SSI, but lost on Stamina (174).
What is the difference between 182 and 174?
Rate is worse?
Thanks

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
http://users.lmi.net/~noodle/netathene/guilds/Posts/

that link will help you out but basically .25 seconds depending on bow

stamina works in 30 point increments so 30,60,90,120,150,180 so a 182 is the same as 180 except the extra 2 gives you some leeway for stamina loss

so keep in mind you will need a lot less stamina/ssi for a magical short than you will a heavy crossbow

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can see, according to the above link there are NO stamina values where 60 SSI is faster than 55 SSI for ANY weapon. If this is the case...why strive for 60 SSI?

Hmmm...

In people's experience, is this borne out in practice or is there an error in those charts?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I can see, according to the above link there are NO stamina values where 60 SSI is faster than 55 SSI for ANY weapon. If this is the case...why strive for 60 SSI?

Hmmm...

In people's experience, is this borne out in practice or is there an error in those charts?
Well I believe that if you get hit pretty hard and your stamina takes a najor hit like 60 points you can still be hiting at max speed with a fast weapon. This is of course you have like 160 stamina to begin with, its just an extra buffer for you.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The charts show no difference in swing speed between 55 SSI and 60 SSI no matter what your stamina is.

I'm not asking why you would want high stamina - it increases swing speed and yes, provides a buffer after damage is taken. The question I asked though, is what benefit does the extra 5% SSI bring if there is no increase in swing speed?

Unless someopne has tested this and the charts are wrong?

C

Connor_Graham

The question I asked though, is what benefit does the extra 5% SSI bring if there is no increase in swing speed?
If you get hit for less than 15 points of damage, you don't lose any swing speed. This is why my Sampire has 55 SSI instead of 50. It gives me a larger buffer to work with.

Small

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you look at this table:)
60 Ssi I win rate of 0.25.
But about the stamina, there's nothing not say: (
174 or 180 stamina:)
60 SSI

40 SSI

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Small...

You seem to be comparing 60 SSI with 40 SSI in the charts you have posted. I'm sure there's a substantial benefit from that 20% difference - but that again wan't what I was asking.

What is the benefit of 60 SSI over 55 SSI - that very *specific* instance. The posted charts (http://users.lmi.net/~noodle/netathene/guilds/Posts/) show no difference at any stamina level. What this means is that if I have 55 SSI and you have 60 SSI as long as our stamina is the same, we hit at exactly the same speed with any and every weapon available, including bows. Clear?

Connor's example is perfectly valid - his 55 SSI is better than 50 SSI because there are points in the stamina/SSI charts where the benefit of 55 SSI over 50 SSI is real and relevant giving a bigger stamina buffer. But again - it's not what I was asking.

I guess I should make it clear WHY I'm harping on about this point. The reason is that that last 5% SSI to 60 SSI total is particularly hard or expensive to get and to get there you have to make significant compromises elsewhere in the template. Slightly easier for archers/bokuto wielders, much simpler with Assassin pieces. But is 60 SSI actually worth making that effort and sacrifice for? Or is the chart wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

Three times is enough to ask a question - the answers people have give are all correct but they are not the answer to the question I have asked. A little focus please..;p

C

Capt.E

If you really want an answer go to TC. From my experience running above 170 stam is not worth the other mods I could put into that slot. I run an assassin suit on my tamer archer assassin. At 90 real dex and 40 ssi on bows he fires at nearly the same rate as my regular archer with 170 stam.

Once again I do not have a straight answer, I could test it out, but so could you.

My feeling is that ssi at 60 "should" help you swing faster at lower dex levels. This is my reasoning for going with a ton of ssi and 90 real dex.

I use pots on both toons. So calculating at 150 dex, 170ish stam and 40 ssi versus 90 dex 60 ssi. They are about the same and as close to swing cap as possible.

If you do happen upon an answer please post it. Try different bows as well. I would start with a heavy and a crossbow though. Then maybe a regular bow. There are certain things that are buggy about the game, like bows firing speed. Good luck. E

T

Teardrop

Three times is enough to ask a question - the answers people have give are all correct but they are not the answer to the question I have asked. A little focus please..;p
That's exactly the thought I had reading this thread. To answer your question: Yes, you need high stamina and ssi to swing fast.

Just kidding! There's no difference between 55 and 60, I tested it thoroughly on TC.