• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stam loss question

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So its very possible I have not been observant up until now, of course, the issue has not come to light for until recently...
My stam is getting absolutely pummeled while fighting heavy hitters, like well below triple digits. Like I said, I hadn't noticed this up until recently and am pretty active on my Sampire.

My suit has 183 stam, tinker legs, 4 studded pieces and mace and shield. glasses, maybe getting the blackthorn version of the glasses would help.

I guess I am wondering if anyone else has noticed an increase in stam loss,?

Sarak

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
my experience has been that in addition to the armor; the mods on your weapon also can affect your stam i.e. stam leech on it will help; i also carry agility pots and petals

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nope. It is pretty normal for me here.
But I either use 5 pieces of plate or mix 3 pieces of plate and 3 pieces of studded.
Heavy hitters always lowered my stamina, but DF and HSL kept me out of hairy situations.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, forgot to mention I my weapons are 100 elemental with the whole gamit of max leeches and slayers. I am contemplating making a couple plate pieces and farming up enough blackthorn arties for the helm. Thanks for the replies!!

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Stamina decreasing process is following:
[Stamina decreasing] = (Damage / Before Life) * (Before Stamina) - {(Reduction of stamina decreasing) - 5}
Reduction of stamina decreasing is determined by the composition of the armor.

You can have following points from per part of armor.
Metallic armor:7.0
other non medable armor:3.5
medable armor:2.0

Your reduction of stamina decreasing is sum of large five parts.
Human has extra reduction from race bonus.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My sampire has 5 pieces of plate mail / chain mail to get the stam protection. It's well worth it.

In example, instead of using mace and shield glasses, there is a Blackthorn's artifact available that has all the same mods, but it is a plate helm instead of glasses. I bought an extra one on Atlantic some time back which I am on longer using and would be willing to part with for a fair price. Similarly, I think its a 75-100 artifact item if you have enough Minax trade ins.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The mace and shield items at blackthorn are 50 minax points per. Well worth the investment.
Too bad we don't have a studded version of it there.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stamina decreasing process is following:
[Stamina decreasing] = (Damage / Before Life) * (Before Stamina) - {(Reduction of stamina decreasing) - 5}
Reduction of stamina decreasing is determined by the composition of the armor.

You can have following points from per part of armor.
Metallic armor:7.0
other non medable armor:3.5
medable armor:2.0

Your reduction of stamina decreasing is sum of large five parts.
Human has extra reduction from race bonus.
I'd done some testing to arrive at this approximate equation. For instance I knew that the higher your HP when you get hit, the less stam you lose for hits of the same value. I always assumed that it was relative to your own max HP, not just the raw number - though admittedly I don't have any characters with, say, 80 hp laying around to test what getting hit at 55/80 is like vs 105/150. I also didn't know that the higher your starting stam, in raw form, the more you lose; but again, I never thought to try with some char trying to melee with 95 stam.

I ran some numbers.

Once you start losing stam, you'll lose 1 or 2 more per 1 damage taken. For hits of the same damage amount, you'll lose 1 or 2 more stamina for every 2 or 3 less starting HP you have. As you see, it works in the opposite direction for stam when you get hit: for every 4 or 5 less you have, you take 1 or 2 more damage before you start losing stam.

If you wear 5x metal, have 150 HP when you get hit, and 160 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 34 damage.
If you wear 5x metal, have 150 HP when you get hit, and 190 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 29 damage.
If you wear 5x metal, have 150 HP when you get hit, and 215 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 25 damage.

Interesting it'd be worth confirming on T/C maybe, but that seems to tell me that investing in more SSI vs less SSI but more stam might be worth it to run the same weapon...

Some other typical combos:
If you wear 4x studded +1 metal (like a blackthorn's mace/shield), have 150 HP when you get hit, and 190 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 17 damage. (big difference...)
If you wear 4x studded +1 metal (like a blackthorn's mace/shield), have 150 HP when you get hit, and 215 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 15 damage.

If you wear 5x studded, have 150 HP when you get hit, and 190 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 14 damage.
If you wear 5x studded, have 150 HP when you get hit, and 215 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 13 damage.

If you wear 5x meddable (say woodland maybe), have 150 HP when you get hit, and 190 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 9 damage.
If you wear 5x meddable (say woodland maybe), have 150 HP when you get hit, and 215 stam when you get hit, you won't lose any stam until you take 8 damage.

My particular setup: 3x metal, 2x studded. 150HP, 194 stam. I lose stam from 21+ damage taken. Anecdotally, this seems spot on with what I've observed.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Sarak, thank you for the tips!
Merlin, thank you for the offer on the helm, I am close to getting enough to get my own.
Tuan, as always, the amount of knowledge and your willingness to share and mentor fellow players is greatly appreciated.
Bealank, I always enjoy reading your posts!
BearCorpse, you set a standard with your videos and show us all what we can accomplish in game.

The players that post in this forum have transformed this game for me...Everyone that shares the results of their hard work, experience and opinions has my appreciation!!