• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stackables in Publish 80

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one am excited when I see anything being moved into the stackable category

So when I read

"Fruit Bowls, Barrel Staves, Barrel Lids, Gingerbread Cookies, and Runed Switches are now stackable"
"All fish pies are now stackable"

I jumped for joy.
and before all the other...
"This item should be stackable" or "I can't believe you stacked gingerbread cookies before power crystals"...
I figured I'd give a thank you for working on any and all stackables.

*Tully wanders off wondering if these new stackables will be able to be put on his magincia bazaar commodity vendors*

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Power crystals would be nice to stack. Im glad fish pies are. Blackrock would be better if it stacked. I have a few towers of it in my house that just stay there at least.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still amazes me that Clockwork Assemblies are Stack-able weighing in at 50 stones per (you can't carry more than 11 of them)... doesn't make sense that those would be stack-able and not Power Crystals... but hopefully someday.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
/me crosses fingers for stackable POF and small blackrock in the future.
Actually there is no reason why they couldn't make POF combinable like runics.

Also - runics should not be capped at 100 charges. It should be like 1000. I burn through a 100 charges when reforging like nothing. DC runics are 50 charges each. With 1000 I could at least combine 20 of them and save some lockdowns. I probably have 200-300 lockdowns for runics and the rest I keep in unclaimed form in bod books to save space. I get giddy when I get on test center with 30k use tools. I earned them - why can't I combine them?? Makes no sense.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually there is no reason why they couldn't make POF combinable like runics.

Also - runics should not be capped at 100 charges. It should be like 1000. I burn through a 100 charges when reforging like nothing. DC runics are 50 charges each. With 1000 I could at least combine 20 of them and save some lockdowns. I probably have 200-300 lockdowns for runics and the rest I keep in unclaimed form in bod books to save space. I get giddy when I get on test center with 30k use tools. I earned them - why can't I combine them?? Makes no sense.
Lets just make them combine up to 1,000,000 charges. Just for you. Sorry bud, but until duping is eliminated things like this aren't realistic at all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So many things need to be stackable or able to be combined..... PoF comes to mind.

Anything to lower my lockdowns. Acid Pools.... Ant Goo.... Compassion Sage... to name a few... more of the chocolateering stuff. Blank runes, Holiday tickets.... Need a book to hold my Scrolls of Alacrity. Actually maybe a book for holding Holiday Tickets and such would be nice! Maybe a card box.....

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets just make them combine up to 1,000,000 charges. Just for you. Sorry bud, but until duping is eliminated things like this aren't realistic at all.
Thats a completely nonsensical response. If you can dupe one item you can dupe 1,000. At some point you need to make a game that doesn't continue to waste peoples time because you are worried that they may introduce a new duping bug.

There is no proven way to dupe runics so just let us combine them already. The value of them has already plummeted with bribing so who cares? If there is a dupe out - the last thing people will be duping is runic hammers and instead dupe slithers, xfer tokens and things worth way more.

Yes, lets make all big screen TV's weigh 2 tons so no one steals them. Same arguement. Makes no sense.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a completely nonsensical response. If you can dupe one item you can dupe 1,000. At some point you need to make a game that doesn't continue to waste peoples time because you are worried that they may introduce a new duping bug.

There is no proven way to dupe runics so just let us combine them already. The value of them has already plummeted with bribing so who cares? If there is a dupe out - the last thing people will be duping is runic hammers and instead dupe slithers, xfer tokens and things worth way more.

Yes, lets make all big screen TV's weigh 2 tons so no one steals them. Same arguement. Makes no sense.
A fair argument. The bottom line is really that duping and scripting should be stopped, but if it was that easy I guess they'd have done it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's great news but I do hope that they keep adding to the list of items made stackable because there is a lot more items than the patch notes list that need be made as stackable.......

Power crystals, blackrock, even the new eateables from Thanksgiving (none of them stack with same ones...) and a whole bunch of other items....

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players that want more charges are those that earned the items for their use and have storage issues. Other things need to be accomplished before one can burn all those charges. Those selling a million charge runic are only looking for lazy idiots to make a buck off of. A broker selling a billion gold or a bag of 20 val hammers, of old. They did not honestly earn it if they can sell it. Duping is supported by those that take no pride in what they do even if it was in pixels. Buying 200 mil gold from a broker so someone can purchase a blaze Cu. Then the player that rotated the spawn and tamed a Blaze Cu. The player tamed Cu sit way taller in the saddle then the player that supported gold farming/duping for theirs.

The guy that invented the easy button in the end is the only one smiling.

Last edited:

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine that the actual max number of charges is 60,000. And that the bugged-out double secret probation max number of charges is 65,535. They should just let you combine up to the 60,000 number for all things with charges.

And "b-b-but...people could dupe that!" is not an argument. If you say that an item should not be able to have more charges than it already does because it could be duped, one can simply observe that the same item with the current number of charges could also be duped. So the solution would be to reduce the current number of charges by one.

But that could also be duped! So remove another charge. But the same dupe-ability holds! So rinse, repeat, until the item has only one charge.

But again, it can still be duped! So no items with charges should exist at all.

But wait! Items without charges can also be duped! So no items should exist at all.

And the end result of this perverted sort of reverse inductive proof is that you have defeated duping by brute force. But since you only attacked the symptoms and not the disease, you have killed the patient entirely.

The real solution for fixing duping is not to penalize all legitimate users all the time forever. The real solution for fixing duping is to fix duping. (A more realistic approach, since fixing duping is probably the MMO equivalent of NP-complete, is to make every attempt to fix your system so that it can quickly identify duped items and deal with and/or notify a developer or system administrator of their presence and/or source.)

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well to get it back to the stackables that were created...
Fish pies...they can go on to commodity vendors now that they are stackable...but when you buy them off and then eat them...no buff...or I should say at least no buff icon shown.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well to get it back to the stackables that were created...
Fish pies...they can go on to commodity vendors now that they are stackable...but when you buy them off and then eat them...no buff...or I should say at least no buff icon shown.
Thank you, we are investigating the issue.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, we are investigating the issue.
I just put a post on the bug tracking forum.
This has to do with commodity deeds and not the vendors themselves.
Any fish pies put into a commodity deed and redeemed...lose their magic?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just put a post on the bug tracking forum.
This has to do with commodity deeds and not the vendors themselves.
Any fish pies put into a commodity deed and redeemed...lose their magic?
A fix for this is in testing, if everything checks out pies that lost their magical ability will have that ability restored and magic fish pies will no longer lose their magical ability when redeemed from a commodity deed. Stay tuned to UO.com for updates.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They refused to make PoF charges combined due some rares collector whining.
Huh? What do rares have to do with PoF? Surely if it's some event item that uses PoF as its base item and it would be changed by making PoF combinable for the entire playerbase then Mesanna could take 5 mins and fix them for the very few that have the rare.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fix for this is in testing, if everything checks out pies that lost their magical ability will have that ability restored and magic fish pies will no longer lose their magical ability when redeemed from a commodity deed. Stay tuned to UO.com for updates.
Did this fix ever come in? Did I miss the notice? Anyone try putting fish pies in commodity deed form and then pull them out and see if they still work?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stackable Blackrock would be very nice. You could put a couple in your backpack and know that all of it that turned up mining would stack on them instead of scattering all through your backpack. Digging all of it out of such a dark background backpack is a pain.
I know this thread is a bit old.. I searched stackable black rock.. can we please do this :)?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still amazes me that Clockwork Assemblies are Stack-able weighing in at 50 stones per (you can't carry more than 11 of them)... doesn't make sense that those would be stack-able and not Power Crystals... but hopefully someday.
An Corp!

I think it's a good time for another Stack-able publish... don't forget Power Crystals!