• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] SSI Jewels with stam inc

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a number of auctions for jewels with swing speed and stamina increase lately, the items selling for hundreds of millions. and at first this puzzled me greatly, but i think i understand why, the difference between stam vrs dex, the difference between 3s and 5s when trying to reach the 210 cap.

but i still have a few questions so figured id make a post rather than de-railing others with my confusion.

Ill use a ring i have as an example.

This ring has 5ssi, 3stam inc, 10dex.

Now, is this ring worth like 1 mil because it only has 2 mods left, is only 5 ssi, and can not be imbued to max weight using combat mods?

Or is it worth alot, because it can add a total of 13 stam to a suit?
Or somewhere in between, because it has low stam, but overcap dex?

This ring is somewhat useful to me, it would but my sampire suit at 197 stam giving me some room to take a hit and still be good on stam, or be cursed and still be above 180stam. i would add 25 damage, and 15dci to it (no need for hit on any of my rings) but it is far from prime for me. i could only use it with bladed staff as all my double axes need my 10ssi ring (i use double axes with standard 30ssi, not 35)

So any thoughts or insight? should i be keeping just ssi with stam inc? or is there any value in gems with just stam but no ssi?

Thanks

P.S. I am also taking offers on the ring i used as my example in another thread.

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
On a side note, its also valuable because you cant add SSI or SI on jewelery or make jewelery with it ;)

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The value of those items is about the fact that most pvpers want to reach 210 stamin i.e. 1.25 swing/hit for comp bow/soul glaive.

You can reach 210 in two ways:

using your headpiece as a 6th 10 stamina item - all armor parts with 10 stamina.
or
using HLD glasses, having 10 stamina on each part left (5x) = 50 stamina + at least 9 on jewelry + 1 stamina sash.

For comp bow/soul glaive you need 55 ssi. For archery you can use a 50 ssi comp bow with the cloak (if you dont use quiver for extra 5 hci).
On a garg you can have max 40 ssi on soul glaive, meaning you need another 15...here comes in the ssi on jewelry handy.

The most valueable ring/brace is, regarding my opinion:

5 stamina (I prefer having 10 on jewelry so I can use the 5 int 2 mr sash)
+5 ssi

no other mods so the buyer can choose himself if he wants to go for ep/dci/hci or ep/di/hci.

Sorry, Im well annoyed due to apple/itunes fixing so I made it short.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks a ton, yes that affirms what i was thinking. that the difference between 3 stamina and 5 stamina or even 4 is huge.

So my ring could be of NO use to someone using mace and shields, but somewhat of use to someone using stam inc on helm, alowing for 7 instead of 10, or 8 or 9s in combo.
and the overmax dex could be seen as a drawback (takes up a mod) or a slight plus because it is above the imbueable 8.
I might just use this one myself, put a use to my 8 stam imbued daiymo's helm, or make a thrower (again, since my new thrower was lost to the revert) Or like i said use it with my bladed staffs, and if i get a 35ssi double axe on my sampire. I hate to ruin jewls tho by not putting hit on them, but then again thats why i made the 20hci 20damage wood suit in the first place, so i have greater options in jewels.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The value of that jewel is lower mainly because it has dex. Players can reach the 150 dex cap without having it on jewelry through enhanced pots, therefore dex is a wasted mod. Aside from that, the stamina is still lower than ideal. That does still have value, but i would say no more than 10m. There are players out there who dont like relying on potions, and in that case 10 dex is very nice.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this thread is very informative and interesting... Thanks to all posters. Could you please give some futher examples for particularly valuable pieces and explain why they are so valuable? I was searching for a thread like this but didnt have the courage to open it... Well done!

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pretty much explained it already.

Some history...
I was using a pois sword/archer template on atlantic - Char Sir Schmoopy.
Using a splintering butcher knife, 210 stam and 55 swing speed.
Disarm - Deadly Poison - Armor Ignore with 1.25 swing (max, only with 210 stam 55 swing). Any disarmable target died when splint hit with disarm.

Knowing this makes the stamina inc/ssi jewelry so expensive/useful. For such a temp and suit, the jewelry are the key and hardest parts to get. The armor parts are just a matter of time...

Like I said, the real good parts are the ones with

+5 swing speed
5 stamina increase.

Yet, other jewelrys like 10 swing speed without stamina or 5 stamina without swing speed can be useful aswell.

Any other mod than

defense chance
hit chance
enhance potions
stamina increase
swing speed increase
damage increase

is pretty much a wasted mod. Not really wasted, but nothing you dont have on the armor parts.

If you got any questions feel free to icq me: 304100598 or PM

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't understand the run on the market for 5% ssi rings when you can craft a Turqoise ring to fit. On the other hand 5%ssi and any Stam increase with nothing else would be beneficial. I would call that "Clean". Any Bracelet with 5%+ SSI thats "clean" I would find more valuable because you can't readily craft a SSI brace and modify it to fit your characters. So get out there and find more SSI bracelets!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The value of that jewel is lower mainly because it has dex. Players can reach the 150 dex cap without having it on jewelry through enhanced pots, therefore dex is a wasted mod. Aside from that, the stamina is still lower than ideal. That does still have value, but i would say no more than 10m. There are players out there who dont like relying on potions, and in that case 10 dex is very nice.
Yep, thats kinda what i came to the conclusion of after giving it some thought. BUT i happen to be one of those players who hates relying on pots, i would never consider putting ep into a suit, or carrying pots for a pvm character, and for pvp use ep for cures / heal only. but im not into super high end pvp dexter / tank mage suits, and a top end mage suit is easy enough to make without stats from pots.

Thanks everyone for the input. it is clearing up alot. for a while when i was looking for a sampire ring i was like, "why is this guy trying to sell me a ring with 5 stam on it for 100mil when it wastes my slot to imbue 8 dex" but like i said i gave it some thought and good to see actual posts affirming the foggy assumptions i had formed about the value of the stamina mod on jewels.

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A top suit might be easy to do, but the perfect suit aint...Thats the difference of hundreds of millions.

I like to call it e-peen

Last edited: