• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Squirrel . . . Really?

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so I was checking my stable for old pets and came across this "squirrel". Yes, it is prepatch as if that matters. He's been in my stable since I found him running around lost in Skara Brae at least 10years ago. I decided to see what I could do with him, so I trained him up. Here are his current stats:

boo2.png boo3.png boo4.png boo5.png boo6.png boo7.png boo8.png

And here are the Magical Abilities, Special Abilities and Special Moves available:

boo9.png boo10.png boo11.png

After adding what I consider the essentials to his training plan:

boo1.png

He still has 1829 training points available.

I know it's kind of crazy to train up a squirrel, but there it is. My question is what would you do to complete boo's training? Please don't give me AI/Chiv or 120 scroll everything. Realistically I would only go 110s. I don't have any specific uses for boo as when his training is complete, he will probably spend most of his remaining time in the stable, but I got on this kick and would like to know the "experts" opinions on what to do with boo.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I admire you my friend!
:)Good job! You are having fun, and thats what the game should be all about!

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I wouldn't scroll him at all-that would be a waste.

You could do armor ignore + armor pierce + poison= 300 training points

I'd take physical/fire/energy resist to 80. Increase HP. If you have room 30 mana regen.

I've been thinking of training up one of those tiny hell cats for fun.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Training odd pets is fun!

I trained a Bull on Siege for a bull fighting event once...he's pretty bad ass ;)

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't scroll him at all-that would be a waste.

You could do armor ignore + armor pierce + poison= 300 training points

I'd take physical/fire/energy resist to 80. Increase HP. If you have room 30 mana regen.

I've been thinking of training up one of those tiny hell cats for fun.
Something like this?

boo12.png

I like having some of each of the regens and if he dies and wrestling goes below 100.0 then parry comes off, right? With 105 wrestling, I shouldn't have to worry about that.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Something like this?

View attachment 91910

I like having some of each of the regens and if he dies and wrestling goes below 100.0 then parry comes off, right? With 105 wrestling, I shouldn't have to worry about that.
If Wres goes below 100, Parry just does not show, but it is till . there, and will show up again when Wress is skilled up again to 100, I . think..I doubt that parry goes down to zero. It will likely lose 1 point as usually but not show..

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
But if it does not show, is it still applied to the pet's abilities?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would make a Necro-Squirrel. MWAHAHAHA! Should be a fun-template! I adore it! Me wants it!

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately, Necromancy is not in his list of available magic abilities. :(

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, damn! I was just half awake when I read your message this morning...

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Something like this?

View attachment 91910

That's awesome! I really want a hell kitten now. How did you get all his stats to 125? You have a strong pet tank for him?

I just tamed one of those tiny hell cats, they can get to 3 slot and you can put necro on them for 1 point. The one I got has 89 fire resist too.

Last edited:

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's awesome! I really want a hell kitten now. How did you get all his stats to 125? You have a strong pet tank for him?

I just tamed one of those tiny hell cats, they can get to 3 slot and you can put necro on them for 1 point. The one I got has 89 fire resist too.
Yeah, all of his stats started much lower than 125. Raised up with training. Trained on Zombies and SS in Haven and an occasional Ortanord.. Eventually worked on Earth Elementals in Haven mines. He could handle them 1v1 with a bit of healing, but I used a 2 slot unicorn to make sure he was only fighting one at a time. Finally got to 100% on an Allosaurus letting the Kurak Warriors tank for him.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I was messing around with a bull and a rabbit today. I didn't realize bulls can get to 4 slots. I was surprised to find that rabbits spawn with the hiding skill. Not sure if they ever use it. I know ninjitsu pets will hide if their tamer uses hiding...I wonder if a rabbit will too. Not keeping any of those pets, but I am going to get my hell kitty to 3 slots. I won't scroll him, but I should be able to add armor ignore and necro.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Haidon differences between current squirrels and prepatch?

Well done btw, it’s nice to see something different ;)
Thank you! As far as it is being "prepatch", it definitely is since it was in my stable for, I'm guessing, at least ten years, but I just mentioned it since so many threads list their pets as "prepatch" when there is no difference between pre- and post-. My poor attempt at being "funny". :hahaha: