• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring Housing Design Festival (Proposal)

Lord Essex

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently came back & as such am still trying to get cought up on whats going on so please forgive me if there is already something going on.. If not.. Well I hope to find people who'd be intrested in taking part in something like this.. :D:D

I propose having starting a Housing Design Festival to be done once every few months.. ie.. Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter.

*Open to players on all shards/all facets
*Contestants are given a date, ie: May 15th with which all entries must be submitted & done.
[]Entries Include:
~Shard/Facet
~Location/Coordinates
~Name of Home & Owner
~Contact Info
~Short Description Of The Theme/Design (Less than 50 words)
*During the course of the following week, a panel of judges (3-5) go around and tour all the entries based on a few different criteria. (Originality, Design/Layout, Decoration/Theme, etc)
*At the end of the week a get together/festival is held where there will would be a meet and greet, trivia, door gifts & prizes (Mum would would HAVE to bring cookies.. :D) & then we would announce the winners. (Those unable to attend the get together would be contacted and could pickup their prize at a later date. (Prizes would be arranged to be picked up on players perfered shard)

So what do y'all think??

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We just did a winter themed contest that ran the month of january..
We didn't really get a huge response for it though.
6 Players won prizes out of a list of items off the UO Game Codes store including house teleporters.

There will be another contest when things get settled.. I don't know when that will end up being.

I more then encourage you to also run contests though, It's always fun to see the different homes that get submitted.

Lord Essex

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumb.. Anybody intrested or is this just a lost cause?? I got a few neat ideas but if its a mute point.. Why bother..

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about something involving whole towns that already have lots of deco

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not like the olden days. People dont want to be bothered winning gold and other fun prizes and you end up more frustrated then not. Our connest was in the summer of 2010. Never again.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I had more time, I would love to run more contests on UOHomeDecor. As it is, I'm still porting things over and redoing the site and no spare time to handle a contest at this time...however if someone wanted to work with me to run one, i'd be all for it.