• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Spring Cleaning Suits

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok as with the Phoenix Armor some of these suits will be worth something down the road but my question is would it be better to have just enough pieces to have a wearable suit or would you need all available pieces to the suits set.

I pose this question in regards to the plate mail warrior set (forget name offhand) thats seems to have 4 or 5 different helmets, I have the points to grab it all but if I just went for 1 helmet then I have points left for another luck jewlery set++. Just looking for feedback from other collectors on what they will consider a suit/set down the road.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i picked up 2 extra suits of all 3 types for my collection. for the knight's armor i chose the female chest piece and the close helm becuase i like that helm best. for the sorcerer armor i chose the female version and for the scout's set i chose the circlet instead of the other helm choice(s). for me, anyway, i prefer to have one full suit without worrying about the other options available. but for a TRUE collector i'd imagine an entire 10 piece knights suit would fetch a lot more money than just the 6 piece. same for the other 2 suit types. that's just my 2 cents.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nahh thats bull****... im a collector and would think THAT a full suit as being a full suit at 6 pieces only.. i cant see the reason to own all 4-5 helms.. lol...LOL!!!

U

Unknow

that may be true...but lets say that 4 yrs down the road, only half as many people had chosen helmet B instead of helmet A. wouldnt that make helmet B worth something more than helmet A? harder to find thus more collectible?