• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring Cleaning Points - Option to Claim as Tickets

A

Azureal

Any thoughts on a system that allows us to hand in all of our spring cleaning items, submit the tickets for points, and then reclaim the points as one large figure ticket?

Im wishing to sell most of my spring cleaning points (no offense, but I hate most of the rewards, especially the dragon head, Shrek dragon anyone?), but I have a lot of low point value items, meaning Im going to end up with a lot of low point value tickets. Would it not be feasible to allow me to turn in the tickets, for example 100 tickets worth 500 points each, and then reclaim from my points pool one ticket for 50k?

C&C welcome.

Devs?

A

Adder_Atl

I posted the other day about this exact thing.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=4596

Like you said, we should have the option to remove the points in one big ticket for storage/trading/selling in game.

And like I had said in my post, what about the poor schmo who was only able to find one piece of rubble worth 800 points. He puts it in the chest, not realizeing the lowest reward is 1000 points.

Devs, Please let us withdraw our points from the chest.

Just my 2gp

B

BartofCats

while i agree its not a bad idea, I have to disagree with this altogether. Here's why...

Ophids are dropping rations, skins on most of their corpses... most people can handle an ophidian (if your smart about where they spawn of course) I have noticed that with a corpse that has a skin there is a ration on it. Boom 500 pts. That chap with the 800 points and "cant get any rewards as minimum is 1000" sorry, doesnt know where to go.

Vanguards are still spawning, 2500 points.

Virtue dungeons are spawning 10000 points.

Heck, to even further the NO side of this arguement, you had a chance to go to test centre where even a NEW CHAR gets 1 million points to TEST things out with.

That being said, if nothing interested you in the reward section, why did you turn in your tickets in the first place? I dont know about your shard, but theres a vendor on cats selling his reward tickets (mind you, if they have been sitting there since day one, they must not be selling) instead of turning them in.

Lets not forget there is still another set of rewards still to be added... Sherry's mouse hole is one that i can recall that was mentioned but not implemented yet.

So as a recap, no I dont think that anyone can or should have the ability to reclaim their points. If you dont want anything, thats fine. Maybe take a wait and see approach for the next round of rewards. Its just an idea. I for one am going back to getting more points to trade in.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The look of the dragon head has been the same since AOS was developed. While there might have been some influence from Shrek (which came out about 15-18 months before AOS went into internal beta), it's unlikely (the dragon seemed to be a throwaway character in the first movie).

Besides, both show inspiration going back to red dragon heads drawn or painted for TSR, all the way back to the 1980s, if not 1970s.

The only thing "wrong" with the dragon head is that the AOS designers gave it too much neck.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd actually prefer a system where we simply deposit items in the box then we could withdraw either rewards or tickets of different values. It seems clumsy to have to turn in items, then turn in the tokens.

Wenchy

A

Azureal

while i agree its not a bad idea, I have to disagree with this altogether. Here's why...

Ophids are dropping rations, skins on most of their corpses... most people can handle an ophidian (if your smart about where they spawn of course) I have noticed that with a corpse that has a skin there is a ration on it. Boom 500 pts. That chap with the 800 points and "cant get any rewards as minimum is 1000" sorry, doesnt know where to go.

Vanguards are still spawning, 2500 points.

Virtue dungeons are spawning 10000 points.

Heck, to even further the NO side of this arguement, you had a chance to go to test centre where even a NEW CHAR gets 1 million points to TEST things out with.

That being said, if nothing interested you in the reward section, why did you turn in your tickets in the first place? I dont know about your shard, but theres a vendor on cats selling his reward tickets (mind you, if they have been sitting there since day one, they must not be selling) instead of turning them in.

Lets not forget there is still another set of rewards still to be added... Sherry's mouse hole is one that i can recall that was mentioned but not implemented yet.

So as a recap, no I dont think that anyone can or should have the ability to reclaim their points. If you dont want anything, thats fine. Maybe take a wait and see approach for the next round of rewards. Its just an idea. I for one am going back to getting more points to trade in.
I still dont understand why I shouldnt be able to sell my tickets?

I hand in all the crap the Devs have planned for players to get rid of.

I dont like the rewards, but Im sure some people do.

I sell my points in ticket form, thus allowing someone else to get another reward item they really like.

?

Hell, Im going to do it anyway, Ive got 70-100k worht of large value tickets. Ive just got ~200k worth of points that I really cant see anything worth spending them on. With your current suggestion, I'll just end up buying sets of shirts and virtue tiles and selling them on anyway.

I respect your post, but dont really see your reasons WHY a player shouldnt be able to redeem the points as tickets.

P.S. In an upcoming Quiz night for a guild on Oceania the prizes are going to be X-value gold checks. As an idea I thought it would be awesome that some of the prizes could be points tickets. But because of the way the prize selection is set up (1 ticket inside a marked chest, all weighing 1 stone) I dont have a ticket value high enough. A large value ticket in this instance would be great.