Spring cleaning on Siege

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

Gwendar-SP

After the "Event" came to Luna the NPC who accept items there started to wander. Some have even fled the city. I chased down the round 2 person outside the gates and handed in some valentines cards. She wasn't in that spot this morning tho I did see one of them wandering around from round one.

This makes it even harder to turn in stuff. One has to find the person, risk being attacked by folks camping the area, and since the folks are running around it is hard to hit a moving target to drop items on them.

Could the folks in charge please crack the whip, tell these folks that coffee break is over and they should get back to their assigned locations and stay put?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
LOL, yeah, I noticed that last night. I went to go spend some time near the drop off location (up to 100k in stolen turn in poinst so far) and all of the NPCs were gone. Then to top it off, the stranger didn't even have a pack to snoop. WTF devs?...la

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Rico's mad thieving skills only net him 50 point tickets from holiday junk.....

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
Nah, it's tough to figure out which ones are the high point tickets...they all look the same and when someone only has a couple in their pack you only have a few seconds to make a choice as to which to nab before they disappear.

It does upset me that I have known a few people were over at the return chest with full packs of tickets, but my detect hidden wouldn't reveal them...no matter how many times I tried. :( ...la

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
It doesn't matter whether it's PvM looting or PvP thieving - waiting for the item properties to resolve can be a pain, especially when your target might catch you looking, or you are trying to out-grab a crowd at the current invasion.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
And then there are the times when they don't come up at all. I try to limit my scroll steals to those of any value...many times when I scroll over them, all I see is "deed".

I'm then forced to take it so I can actually see what it is. At least now I can turn the icky ones into the reward vendor, lol...la