• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Spoiler....New resource from peculiar

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
............*drum roll*...........................................................................................................*cymbal crash*.............Poppies! Wheeee, can ID the seeds without growing them now! They look like little orange "hard to pick up" rubble dirt and have 8 charges. They don't stack.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh neat!!! I can't get the grow_plant to work for me on TC? what am I doing wrong? :(

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the plants locked down in your house? They don't grow in my backpack with that command, but do locked down.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oops... Error [MegaCliloc] : StringId Not Found : 1095220

and Error [MegaCliloc] : StringId Not Found : 1095223

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha!! That would be the trouble...I thank thee. :)

Edited to add pics. I can think of many other ways to use this resource too. :)

Attachments

D

DHMagicMan_1

Cool, so if you grow 8 of the resources you can ID 64 seeds?

It's unfortunate that "Full" ones dont stack though... I can understand why that could be a problem... I guess I'll have to leave them on the Poppie plant until I want to use them.

Thanks for the info.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I think...the black and white take 2 charges or the charges work strangly at the moment. I ID'd 5 seeds 4 black 1 fire and ran out of charges. So maybe still buggy? I'll go back and try again in a bit.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aha!! That would be the trouble...I thank thee. :)

Edited to add pics. I can think of many other ways to use this resource too. :)

It's hard to make out, but the resource itself looks like a flower to me. It looks nice enough to decorate with! :love:

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hard to make out, but the resource itself looks like a flower to me. It looks nice enough to decorate with! :love:
Actually they are small flowers. I've had a few requests from players who wanted to be able to grow them, but they seemed a little too "simple" to make them come from a seed. So giving them as a resource instead seemed the better alternative.

Oriana (and anyone else who has time to test),

Please let me know if there is indeed a problem with the charges used or the names labeled on the seeds. QA did some pretty thorough testing and everything was peachy, but then again, things have a way of getting funky once we make them accessible to everyone. :wall:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy cow, it's those flowers? very, very neat!! I will sometimes just stand in a spot waiting for them to bloom.... yeah, I'm easily amused :blushing:

have a question, tho.... after you use them up identifying things, you get to keep the flowers?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy cow, it's those flowers? very, very neat!! I will sometimes just stand in a spot waiting for them to bloom.... yeah, I'm easily amused :blushing:

have a question, tho.... after you use them up identifying things, you get to keep the flowers?

I just got through testing these out. The resource remains after you use up the charges. It will say "zero charges remaining" or something like that. They work great too! I was able to identify black and white seeds without issue. I still have some more testing to do because I ran out of seeds. :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, you are left with the flowers with Charges : 0 ... and you can lock what remains down. A few things noted:

You can waste resources ID'ing an already ID'ed seed. Would be better if that couldn't take a charge, but rather one gets a message the nature of this seed is already known to all. Fragrant seeds are being ID'ed as Fragrant O'hii Tree Seed, but not as a Cocoa Tree Seed, which is what they end up as.

B

Beastmaster

Spellbound beat me to the bug, but here's a picture of it. Also I ran through 3 of the resources and ID'ed 24 seeds, fire red, white, black, peculiar, and fragrant. Never used more than one charge each time.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fragrant seeds are being ID'ed as Fragrant O'hii Tree Seed, but not as a Cocoa Tree Seed, which is what they end up as.
Bleh, I thought I had fixed that! Other question though, did the sugar cane seed relabeled as sugar cane or as bamboo?

*demands a "beat self" smiley other than the wall head bashing one*

You can waste resources ID'ing an already ID'ed seed. Would be better if that couldn't take a charge, but rather one gets a message the nature of this seed is already known to all.
Good point. That shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll try to remember that when I fix the "o'hii tree" issue on Monday.

Thanks! :D

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just as you suspected... "Peculiar Bamboo Seed".

Also realized, you cannot differentiate between the pairs of hops, cypress, and hedges. Any way to enhance the descriptions?

F

Flora Green

*jumps with excitement*

I've been playing around with House Builder and was going to ask you about adding some of the smaller, scattered flowers at some point. I'm just thrilled you added a means to identify seeds as well making the resource a flower that can be kept afterwards. They look very pretty on the hedges.

Thanks much, Sakkarah. :)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as you suspected... "Peculiar Bamboo Seed".
:sad2:

Also realized, you cannot differentiate between the pairs of hops, cypress, and hedges. Any way to enhance the descriptions?
Assuming fixing the bamboo/ohii labels doesn't turn out to be some insane challenge, adding a more detailed description for those won't be a problem. I just kinda remember the labeling stuff to be a little tricky so I hope it won't take too much time. Worse case, that fix will be in Pub 58, but I'll do my best to get it in before that.

*jumps with excitement*
I was going to say something about being careful where you jump, but you wouldn't get it unless I gave you some spoilers about the holiday gifts. And I can't do that now can I? So, I'll keep hush then! :lol:

M

Moonstar

omg yayz i love those little flowers :D i was so dissapointed when we didnt get them to grow from any of the new seeds
are they only the orange or are they the ones with all the pretty colors?

F

Flora Green

I was going to say something about being careful where you jump, but you wouldn't get it unless I gave you some spoilers about the holiday gifts. And I can't do that now can I? So, I'll keep hush then! :lol:
! One of the bonuses of playing on Origin. We get gifts first! :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ohmighosh, we're getting horsedung

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
QA did some pretty thorough testing and everything was peachy, but then again, things have a way of getting funky once we make them accessible to everyone. :wall:
Be sure to feed that Nisse (gnome) under your desk, he like rice porridge with butter on top and with powdered cinnamon and sugar.
If he do not get his porridge, he will mix up your code.
On the other hand, if he get his porridge, he will be very helpful.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chances are only us gardeners would be excited to get fertilizer for Christmas!:hahaha:

Can you imagine only characters with negative karma/title getting it? We'll have a bunch of ax murdering gardeners!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AHA!! I found the culprit....the fire seeds are taking 2 charges, well not all of them... so far the water plant and the ferns have taken 2 charges, but the elephant ears, poppies, and some others aren't. I don't have enough seeds to test all of them though. I don't rememebr which ones didn't work the other day. But if there's a fire seed in the group sometimes I only get 5-6 Id'd. But it seems to be more the fire seeds causing this. Hope this helps.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg yayz i love those little flowers :D i was so dissapointed when we didnt get them to grow from any of the new seeds
are they only the orange or are they the ones with all the pretty colors?
Only orange, but they are cute!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad2:

Assuming fixing the bamboo/ohii labels doesn't turn out to be some insane challenge, adding a more detailed description for those won't be a problem. I just kinda remember the labeling stuff to be a little tricky so I hope it won't take too much time. Worse case, that fix will be in Pub 58, but I'll do my best to get it in before that.

OOHH maybe something craftable? Or naughty people get? HMM darn you Sak, now I'm all curious!!!

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG! Why didn't I think of that first? :stir:

AHA!! I found the culprit....the fire seeds are taking 2 charges, well not all of them... so far the water plant and the ferns have taken 2 charges, but the elephant ears, poppies, and some others aren't. I don't have enough seeds to test all of them though. I don't rememebr which ones didn't work the other day. But if there's a fire seed in the group sometimes I only get 5-6 Id'd. But it seems to be more the fire seeds causing this. Hope this helps.
I couldn't reproduce it. Water plants and ferns are behaving like good kids on my end! :/

About the resource, it was supposed to be the "purty colors" one (that look so awesome for wedding deco!) not the plain orange ones. So that's changed.

I fixed the issue with cocoa tree and sugar cage seeds. The others (hops, hedges and cypress) will have to wait til Pub 58 because I won't be able to get new clilocs in for this publish.

I also put in the fix so you no longer waste charges identifying the same seed twice.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About the resource, it was supposed to be the "purty colors" one (that look so awesome for wedding deco!) not the plain orange ones. So that's changed.
Thank you!!!!! :bowdown:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it hasn't been said already.....You the bestest, Sak!!!

I'll try to get on and get more seeds to play with. I know I wasn't getting all the uses sometimes. Never had a problem on the peculiar seeds. It was the fire, blacks and whites. Make me crazy lol.