• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Spoiler Alert: Zog's Remains have been found!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good Evening All,

This is only a small spoiler alert as I won't share how to get here just yet (Keep cracking that code!!) but I did want to offer a little bit of light at the end of tunnel for those of you thinking about giving up.
For anyone wondering what the heck Bennu has been setting up with these Non-Sosarians. I give you the answer to your question: Zogs Remains!

upload_2016-2-23_22-45-42.png

It's being guarded by some pretty nasty things

Like the Non-Sosarian Canine:
upload_2016-2-23_22-50-53.png

Or the Angry Non-Sosarian:
upload_2016-2-23_22-54-52.png

I hope this peaks everyone's interest :)

Keep cracking!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks to all who took part in defeating the guardians in the cave last night! Since it seems Bennu did an exceptional job of encrypting the code this time and I don't know how many people actually solved it I will reveal what each message says. Look no further if you still want to figure it out on your own!

Spoiler Alert:
First Data Pad:
upload_2016-2-25_8-1-17.png
Translates to: Trinsic Road Was Of The Highest Priority (the word "the" had a small typo in the code for the letter "e")

This was a clue to search Trinsic (since the road to Trinsic didn't appear to yield any data pads). After a great deal of running around you would find the next data pad near the bank.

upload_2016-2-25_8-5-37.png
Translates to: Dangerous Here North to Island City

This meant that the next data pad would be located in an island city.... but which island city (Moonglow, Bucs, Jhelom, Skara, N'Jhelom)? None of those! Again after much running around it was discovered that it was actually Vesper (which is technically a city of all islands).

upload_2016-2-25_8-13-4.png
Translates to: Cave Uphill of the Blackthorn

This clue would lead you back to Britain in the general location of Blackthorn's castle. Luckily I used to own a home in that general location and knew there was a cave a ways UP north.

upload_2016-2-25_8-15-34.png
Translates to: The Prime is Key

This was the final clue and was the way to find your way to the Prime (pictured on original post).

Hope everyone had fun with this because I know I did (and some frustrating moments :p )! Thanks EM Bennu for keeping things interesting!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was quite a bit of trial and error involved and a whole lot of assumptions. There was actually a similar type of code used in a previous event (I don't have the link now but I'm sure you can find it here in stratics) where Bennu was nice enough to show us the grid he used. One of my assumptions is that a similar grid (and code logic) would need to be used. From there I just started inputting words that fit. I won't go into my numerous trial and error attempts but eventually I figured it would be possible for the first word to be Trinsic because "A3" was used twice in the right location and then I applied those letters to the other encrypted letters and I started to get a message. I didn't quite have the entire first message decoded until I found the book in Trinsic and was able to confirm some of the letters. The more books I found the more confirmation of assumptions I was able to do. It was fore sure more of an art (of guessing) than science to start out :)

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There was quite a bit of trial and error involved and a whole lot of assumptions. There was actually a similar type of code used in a previous event (I don't have the link now but I'm sure you can find it here in stratics) where Bennu was nice enough to show us the grid he used. One of my assumptions is that a similar grid (and code logic) would need to be used. From there I just started inputting words that fit. I won't go into my numerous trial and error attempts but eventually I figured it would be possible for the first word to be Trinsic because "A3" was used twice in the right location and then I applied those letters to the other encrypted letters and I started to get a message. I didn't quite have the entire first message decoded until I found the book in Trinsic and was able to confirm some of the letters. The more books I found the more confirmation of assumptions I was able to do. It was fore sure more of an art (of guessing) than science to start out :)
Great work. Tried something similar myself, although I got Britain to fit in as first word, and couldnt make sence of the other words then, hehe.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, so each pair of letter and number was for a specific letter. So five letters times five numbers is 25 alphabet letters (maybe left off the Z?). Good work!