• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[SPOILER ALERT] The Naxatilor Quest To Enter The Abyss

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some quick notes regarding an alternate quest you can use to enter the Abyss. It works for gargoyles as well as humans and elves. The reward for completing the quest is to be able to enter the Abyss, along with receiving a Necklace of Diligence (red, not blessed, Intelligence Bonus 5, Mana Regeneration 1).

You will need to have access to a rune marked somewhere in Ter Mur or get someone to make a gate there for you. Once you've safely arrived in Ter Mur, make your way to the far south end of the land and find Naxatilor the Seer in one of the buildings in the Holy City. Interact with Naxatilor to accept the quest titled "The Arisen."

Naxatilor:

We need your assistance with a matter that is most grave. To the north, from within the Tomb of Kings, the Arisen are emerging each night to attack the Holy City.

Shortly after we unsealed the entrance to the Abyss, found in the depths of the Tomb, strange happenings began to occur. At first, there were only a few reports of strange noises coming from the Tomb of Kings late at night. Investigating the Tomb during the daytime uncovered nothing unusual, so we sent someone to seek out the source of these noises one night. When morning came and he had not returned, we knew something was amiss.

We sent word to the Royal City asking for help, but the following night, unspeakable evil erupted from the entrance to the Tomb! A defense of the city was quickly marshaled, bu the Arisen proved to be quite powerful. Unfortunately, they are also persistent, as every night since then, this city, the original birthplace of our people, has faced wave after wave of Arisen. We know not the cause of the attacks, nor the source, as investigations by daylight yield little. We have been hard pressed just to defend the Elders here, much less push the Arisen back into the Tomb.

We could use your help in this! Either help defend the Holy City at night, or enter the Tomb of Kings itself and seek out the Arisen at their source. It is your choice to make, as you know your own abilities best. If you decide to enter the Tomb of Kings, you'll need to speak the words "ord" and "an-ord" to pass the Serpent's Breath.

Succeed in this task, and I shall reward you well.
You must kill EITHER 10 effete undead gargoyles, OR 10 effete putrid gargoyles, OR 10 gargoyle shades. You can find the first two roaming the Holy City at night and can find the gargoyle shades within the Tomb of Kings.

If you decide to enter the Tomb of Kings, remember Naxatilor's advice about saying "ord" and "an-ord" to get past the Serpent's Breath that may be visible and blocking your entrance deeper into the Tomb. To exit the Tomb of Kings, go to the last large blue tiled room and use the sparkly gate on the west side of the room to return to the antechamber of the Tomb.

After you've killed a sufficient number of quest creatures, return to Naxatilor and claim your reward.

Naxatilor:

You have proven yourself both brave and worthy! Know that you have both our gratitude and our blessing to enter the Abyss, if you so wish.

All who wish to enter must seek out the Shrine of Singularity to the North for further meditation. Only those found to be on the Sacred Quest will be allowed to enter the Abyss. I would advise that you seek out some of the ancient texts in the Holy City Museum, which you can find to the south, so that you might focus better while meditating at the Shrine. As promised, here is your reward.
To the south of Naxatilor's building at the end of the road that runs north and south through the Holy City, you will find a large museum. Inside to the west is a room that contains two books. The first book simply tells you the Singularity Shrine Mantra ("unorus"). The second book is titled "Book of Circles" and its author is unknown. Below is a copy of the text of the Book of Circles.

All begins with the three principles: Control, Passion and Diligence.

From Control springs Direction.

From Passion springs Feeling.

From Diligence springs Persistence.

But these three virtues are no more important than the other five: Control combines with Passion to give Balance. Passion combines with Diligence to yield Achievement. And Diligence joins with Control to provide Precision.

The absence of Control, Passion and Diligence is Chaos.

Thus the absence of the principles points toward the seventh virtue, Order.

The three principles unify to form Singularity.

This is the eighth virtue, but it is also the first, because within Singularity can be found all the principles, and thus all the virtues.

A circle has no end. It continues forever, with all parts equally important in the success of the whole.

Our society is the same. It too continues forever, with all members (and all virtues) equal parts of the unified whole.
After you have finished reading the two books, you must find the Shrine of Singularity. If you are using a gargoyle character, you will find a "flight path" to the right of the entrance to the Tomb of Kings that will lead you to the rock-enclosed Shrine of Singularity. If you are using a human or elf character, you will need to access the Shrine by walking along the icy surface of the rocks. You may also need to teleport down onto the grass. (Bring a teleport spell scroll along if you're using a non-mage character.)

Once you reach the shrine, say the mantra. A gump will appear asking you if you are ready for La Insep Om. Click the Accept button to proceed. You will then be presented with a few multiple choice questions to answer regarding the information included in the Book of Circles. If you answer correctly, the quest gump will tell you, "You don't understand how you know, but you are absolutely certain that the guardians will no longer bar you from entering the Stygian Abyss. It seems you have proven yourself worthy of La Insep Om."

You may now enter the Abyss through the Tomb of Kings.

When I tested this process tonight, I then went into the Abyss from the Tomb of Kings entrance, walked a very short distance and then recalled to the Underworld and used its entrance to the Abyss. I think for most people, you may also prefer to do this so that you can first visit the Silver Sapling room and plant a seed to help with providing a rez and restoring your belongs if you die in the Abyss.

I hope this information helps you get into the Abyss if you've been having trouble completing Garamon's quest to be able to enter via the Underworld.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The Naxatilor Quest To Enter The Abyss

If you play on Great Lakes, I placed some runes on the front steps of my house and made the house public. The house is in Tokuno and is the very last house to the north of Zento, near where you find the gaman deathwatch beetle hatchlings. (Use the Makoto-Jima moongate.) The name on the sign says, "Ursula's House."

You'll find four runes: One for the entrance to the Tomb of Kings, one for Naxatilor's building, one for the Curator's Museum, and one for the Shrine of Singularity. All four locations are located within easy and quick walking distance, so you really don't need access to ALL of them. Just wanted to make life a little easier if you need to leave before finishing the quest and have to go back later.

H

Heartseeker

If you play on Great Lakes, I placed some runes on the front steps of my house and made the house public. The house is in Tokuno and is the very last house to the north of Zento, near where you find the gaman deathwatch beetle hatchlings. (Use the Makoto-Jima moongate.) The name on the sign says, "Ursula's House."

You'll find four runes: One for the entrance to the Tomb of Kings, one for Naxatilor's building, one for the Curator's Museum, and one for the Shrine of Singularity. All four locations are located within easy and quick walking distance, so you really don't need access to ALL of them. Just wanted to make life a little easier if you need to leave before finishing the quest and have to go back later.
Two thumbs up to one of the nicest people that still play this game.:thumbup:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*giggles* I did exactly the same yesterday. Only that I havent set them fully public becourse I would have prefered to set them at the HQ of my guild there.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to do the quest you can just go to the shrine and say unorus and answer the questions. I did it this way on one of my characters since there was to many people killing the guy for the other quest. :D

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found out tonight also that you can get into the Abyss through the Fel dungeon entrances (Hythloth and Deceit). Then you have to get through the champ spawn area that you landed in and then walk out into the Abyss. Not sure if from there you can walk out of the Abyss or not. But you could always recall or SJ out of the Abyss.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina: Yes you can walk in thru Fel Hythloth. But when you try to exit out of the Abyss into the Tomb of Kings/Ter Mur it will be blocked.

You must either do the 3 keys entering from the underworld side; or recall to Ter Mur and do the Egwexem/Naxatillor quest. Naxatillor is MUCH easier.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't have to do the quest you can just go to the shrine and say unorus and answer the questions. I did it this way on one of my characters since there was to many people killing the guy for the other quest. :D
I tried this after reading about it.

Now I can't get past the fields at the tomb of kings .. the passwords, ord and anord, don't work for me - probably because I cut out the quest giver and just went to the shrine and answered the questions.

I went back to Naxatilor to get the quest and do it all, but he wont give me it :(

I can access the abyss from the Underworld though, just not through the tomb of kings.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Odin, I'm assuming you did the key quest in the Underworld and that's why you said you can access the Abyss from the Underworld. Have you already gone all the way through the Abyss from the Underworld and out through the Tomb of Kings?

When you do that, the Guardians in the Tomb of Kings say, "May the Virtues guide thine quest" as you walk past them the first time. After you see that message, I believe you should be able to access the Abyss from either entrance. You'll also see the "May the Virtues guide thine quest" message after that as you walk past the Guardians in the Tomb of King and on into the Abyss.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming you're not on Siege or Mugen, you should be able to purchase a Teleport spell scroll from any mage NPC for about 30 gp. Your non-mage character just has to click on the scroll and then target where he wants to go in order to use the scroll. No spell book or magery skill is required.

O

onthefifty

anyone know what the timeer is if you blew one of the questions.

it wasn't me i swear, happened to a ... friend of mine.

well o.k. it was me. :dunce:

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried this after reading about it.

Now I can't get past the fields at the tomb of kings .. the passwords, ord and anord, don't work for me - probably because I cut out the quest giver and just went to the shrine and answered the questions.

I went back to Naxatilor to get the quest and do it all, but he wont give me it :(

I can access the abyss from the Underworld though, just not through the tomb of kings.
I never did the quest but can get through the tomb of kings. I think you say ord at the one to the left and anord to the one at the right.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Odin, I'm assuming you did the key quest in the Underworld and that's why you said you can access the Abyss from the Underworld. Have you already gone all the way through the Abyss from the Underworld and out through the Tomb of Kings?

When you do that, the Guardians in the Tomb of Kings say, "May the Virtues guide thine quest" as you walk past them the first time. After you see that message, I believe you should be able to access the Abyss from either entrance. You'll also see the "May the Virtues guide thine quest" message after that as you walk past the Guardians in the Tomb of King and on into the Abyss.
Hi Tina, yeh I did the key quest in the Underworld on my mage, marked a rune in Ter Mur and used it to recall in with my archer.

I did the quest from Ter Mur on my archer cutting out Naxatilor and going straight to the shrine .. then I couldn't use the passwords to drop the fields in the Tomb of the Kings on that char.

But after reading your post I went to the volcano entrance and ran all the way through to Ter Mur .. now my archer can use the passwords and the fields drop :)

Thanks for the great info :thumbsup:

christy - yeh, I was saying the passwords ord and anord but the fields wouldn't drop :( fixed it now tho :)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know what the timeer is if you blew one of the questions.

it wasn't me i swear, happened to a ... friend of mine.

well o.k. it was me. :dunce:
I think it's a "day," but don't know for sure. Go back and say the mantra again and see what response you get.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
christy - yeh, I was saying the passwords ord and anord but the fields wouldn't drop :( fixed it now tho :)
I noticed you have to be standing right next to the fire pit when you say the password (ord on the left and anord on the right, if I'm remembering correctly).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, I tried taking my archer to the Holy City at night, after having accepted the quest from Naxatilor....but didn't see any spawn at all in the city. I went at midnight UO time and stayed until early am. Am I missing some interim step?
Probably not. I've got a suspicion something is out of whack because I haven't noticed the "effete" guys milling around in the Holy City since the beta. Saw them one time when I was there, before I tried the quest, and thought it was odd they poofed, literally, with a smoke effect and all, all at once. (Must have been dawn.)

I will be submitting the Feedback form or using the Enhanced client's in-game bug reporting form to submit it as a bug. Perhaps others can do the same.

The gargoyle shades aren't all that hard to kill. Just don't play with the levers and you shouldn't get too much spawn down that central corridor. Play with the levers though, and of course the spawn's going to be worse. LOL Try sticking to the south end and just have patience and you'll eventually get your 10 gargoyle shade kills done and can then make a run for the sparkly gate to get out or hope someone else comes along and drops the fields and you can run out to the south.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but you don't need the Nax quest to gain entrance, nor do you need to recall to the library. You can do the following:

1) Recall to the Shrine of Singularity
2) Speak the word, "unorus"
3) Answer the questions

Poof, you now have access to the Abyss. Just tried it on two different toons and can confirm that it works.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but you don't need the Nax quest to gain entrance, nor do you need to recall to the library. You can do the following:

1) Recall to the Shrine of Singularity
2) Speak the word, "unorus"
3) Answer the questions

Poof, you now have access to the Abyss. Just tried it on two different toons and can confirm that it works.
Be aware that if you take this shortcut, you will not be able to do the Naxatilor quest and receive the Necklace of Diligence as a reward.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing is a human or elf with no mage skill to teleport can not get too the shrine.

Shadow jump works too to jump down.

M

miss uo

The only thing is a human or elf with no mage skill to teleport can not get too the shrine.

Shadow jump works too to jump down.
use teleport scroll..............needs no magery

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the Naxatilor quest on Yamato last night and noticed that the effete undead gargoyle and effete putrid gargoyles that spawn during the game's "night" period are spawning again in the Holy City area (i.e., the cluster of buildings in front of the Tomb of Kings). They do poof in a puff of black smoke, though, as soon as it is no longer night time. So if you plan to do that quest, you might want to bring along a clock or timepiece to help you decide whether you'll have time to kill 10 of one of those things or just go into the Tomb of Kings and kill 10 gargoyle shades.

Regardless of which type of monster you decide to kill, NONE of the three types is terribly hard to kill and they seem to spawn in abundance, especially the shades.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the key quest and if I want to enter via the Tomb of Kings do I still need to do this quest? If not how do I get past the flames? I see something about saying ord an an-ord but I am not sure where exactly to say them. Or do I have to do something else before saying these things?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you did the key quest you don't need the otehr quest.

Say ord and an ord at the flames on the ground infront of the barrier

FireKitten

West Vesper Arena - Pit Mistress
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Lord God for your help yesterday. I was just getting myself lost trying it the other way lol....... Once again... i need my onstar.. i wish uomap would get fixed quicklike so i am not wandering around aimlessly!!!!

S

solina2

I cant get my character passed that entrance, there is a fire field and I said the words Ord and an ord tried in diff corners and nothing, can I get some help? Thanks.
She did not do the other quest, first time trying w this character.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
say the words by the fire pits, ord to the one on the left, an ord to the one on the right.

Anyone trying to do the quest at the shrine above the tomb, there's a transcript of the book of circles on Stratics - under the 'Expansions' 'Stygian Abyss' heading in the left menu.

S

solina2

Thanks Petra will try that and will post the result.

Thanks again.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to stand right next to or on top of the fire pits when you say, "ord" or "anord."

D

Dakotawinds

I have a human char. so how do I get onto the icy rocks to find the Shrine?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
walk up, there's a slope to the right of the tomb of kings entrance, teleport down. JoaT is enough to teleport, or use a scroll.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any one figure out what all the levers were for at the entrance of the tomb of kings. and is there any significance to the perma-dead gargoyles in the cells and the huge one thats dead in the back of the room where you have to kill that lil mini boss that throws the sand.