• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spoiler Alert.. Do not read unless you want a Spoiler....

K

Kurgan

We will have to see on some of these rewards.
These are some of the things I found in the Chiloc.edu file.
I still have yet to find any new graphics with InsideUO.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is awesome. Too bad most of it will probably not be usable by my 4 year account with my main characters, but my 10 1/2+ will be able to use them... :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome !! iam owing 2 maybe 3 rewards.....

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the Metal Dye Tub is not just another regular tub that uses the same dyes as every other one. If it is, this is just a complete cave in. The Leather Dye Tub was a quick-fix for making leather colors but was not the ideal solution. The developers flat out stated that they wanted to make creatures spawn different colored leathers but it would have been a ton of work. If they go the same route with metal it is going to be unfortunate. Between plain iron, the 9 ores, the 10 tokuno dyes and the ~16 earthy dyes from blackrock turn-in, how many more metal colors do we really need?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I somehow doubt EA would throw away a cashcow (Char Xfer tokens).
Maybe they would in the interests of curbing one of the most widely duplicated/defrauded items to sell in bulk. Obviously, none of the shardwide 'tokens tokens' vendors are buying them from EA. :)

On the metal tub, it would not bother me any if it were an 11th year reward since I have been playing that long. :D I'll do friend's stuff for free of course.... it would be unkind to hold it hostage.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the Metal Dye Tub is not just another regular tub that uses the same dyes as every other one. If it is, this is just a complete cave in. The Leather Dye Tub was a quick-fix for making leather colors but was not the ideal solution. The developers flat out stated that they wanted to make creatures spawn different colored leathers but it would have been a ton of work. If they go the same route with metal it is going to be unfortunate. Between plain iron, the 9 ores, the 10 tokuno dyes and the ~16 earthy dyes from blackrock turn-in, how many more metal colors do we really need?
Age of Shadows made items more important, and thus it was an even more questionable decision than before to make an equipment choice based on aesthetics rather than effectiveness.

None of this plays a game to look in a way that is not aesthetically pleasing. We may accept it as a consequence of effectiveness, we may have different ideas of what is aesthetically pleasing. But none of us plays this game with the intent of looking ugly.

All of the other ways you mentioned that we have to dye metal are of limited duration. Tokuno dyes are not going to last forever.

Instituting a system wherein there's, say, 10 different metals and 10 different leather choices would be accused, justly, of making things even more complex than they already are. Further, it wouldn't solve the issue, which is sacrificing aesthetics for effectiveness, or vice versa.

Also, I suspect that the metal dyes will be of limited color choices, to preserve the uniqueness of the Tokuno dyes.

Further, the fact that its' a Vet reward suggests that it'll be an additional reward for longevity, usable only by long-time players.

I support the idea.

-Galen's player

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully account ages are *fixed* again before this stuff makes the game.

Devs...please open some dummy accounts just for the purpose of keeping account time moving forward. Its rediculous that the player has to tell the devs that the game is broken.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be happy with simply the metal hues. I want to be able to look normal again without needing to resort to 1: patchwork 2: all iron or 3: expensive tokuno dyes of either god good T0T1 variety of the complete S**T colors that were ToT2.

T

Trebr Drab

I'd much rather have these things as rewards for game play than as rewards for vet accounts. There's not much game play in choosing something off a list of gift options.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd much rather have these things as rewards for game play than as rewards for vet accounts. There's not much game play in choosing something off a list of gift options.
Save of course for the 2, 3, 5, or 10+ years of playing leading up to it.

I like that UO has different means to get stuff.

-Galen's player

L

Lord Kynd

Agreed. *begs for no new bright colours*
cool list , if it happens

i vote for bright colors , no more nasty blah colors please.
i'm sure of course tho bright colors won't happen. :(

L

Lord Kynd

I sure hope the metal dye tub isn't one of the 10-11 year rewards. 3-4 yrs would be much better. That way everyone that is walking around causing blindness due to their abuse of the brighter versions of the original Tokuno dyes would be able to use them. The original ToT was 4 yrs ago, so that should be the range they should be looking at for people to be able to use the tub.

i dissagee highly.
and very much hope that these are high end vet rewards. we vets deserve it. not some new players .. 5 years or less.

tokuno dye's where great, wish they would bring the cool colors back.

X

XaeviusMenate

Thanks, Kurgan....(BEGIN SPECULATION!!)

Blood Cloak
Hmmm.....perhaps a red hooded shroud??

<or>

Use for Cloak of Corruption?

a bronze dress
a copper dress
a golden dress
an agapite dress
a verite dress
an ice blue dress
a dark grey dress
a fire dress
an ice white dress
a jet black dress
a pink dress
a crimson robe
a pink cloak
a crimson cloak
Looks like some of the 10yr and 11th's snuck in here.
deed for an ore cart decoration
Interesting...obviously deco, I recall seeing these in smith shops, really cool.
Ethereal Cu Sidhe Statuette
Aww....I was hoping for an ethereal drake.
Err....Perhaps some of the new gems will come in to play?
What they'd be doing on a cart is beyond me.
Reward Metal Dye Tub
Nifty! This one's been years in the making.
Deed for an Ankh of Sacrifice
a deed for a tree stump decoration
a deed for a potted cactus
a deed for a wall carving decoration
a deed for a minotaur statue
Going to wait on pics for further speculation of these.
an armor engraving tool
a leather embroidery kit
a clothing embroidery kit
a jewelry engraving tool
Excellent, now I just hope we don't see a bunch of spam and trash-talk on clothing. See: "Selling These Gloves 2M" :popcorn:
an universal moon orb
Absolutely no idea. 'an universal moon orb' should be changed to 'a universal moon orb', however.
You dig up a small corroded box and put it in your backpack.
Nifty, maybe we will be able to mine up jewelry boxes?! :party:
Perhaps a new craftable?

(END SPECULATION)

J

Joyous2K

After the update today. Did some digging and found these nice items...

Ophidian Warrior Statue
Ophidian Mage Statue
Ophidian Queen Statue
Wedding Cake
Magical Wedding Band
Bloody Pentagram
Blood Cloak
a bronze dress
a copper dress
a golden dress
an agapite dress
a verite dress
an ice blue dress
a dark grey dress
a fire dress
an ice white dress
a jet black dress
a pink dress
a crimson robe
a pink cloak
a crimson cloak
gem cart
Reward Metal Dye Tub
an armor engraving tool
a leather embroidery kit
a jewelry engraving tool
an universal moon orb
mage hat
10th Year Veteran Reward
11th Year Veteran Reward
Sorcerer's Hat
Sorcerer's Gorget
Sorcerer's Sleeves
Sorcerer's Tunic
Sorcerer's Female Armor
Sorcerer's Gloves
Sorcerer's Leggings
Sorcerer's Skirt
Scout's Circlet
Scout's Small Plate Jingasa
Scout's Studded Gorget
Scout's Studded Sleeves
Scout's Studded Tunic
Scout's Studded Gloves
Scout's Studded Leggings
Scout's Female Studded Armor
Scout's Studded Bustier

Read....Discuss.....
I didn't read and I didn't discuss. The turn is not for me. Too annoying and not enough garbage for value. Maybe I will turn some stuff in though anyway but prolly not enough to get this stuff.

K

Katlene

then maybe you should of read and realised this stuff isnt likely to be for turn ins

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After the update today. Did some digging and found these nice items...

Ophidian Warrior Statue
Ophidian Mage Statue
Ophidian Queen Statue
Wedding Cake
Magical Wedding Band
Bloody Pentagram
Blood Cloak
a bronze dress
a copper dress
a golden dress
an agapite dress
a verite dress
an ice blue dress
a dark grey dress
a fire dress
an ice white dress
a jet black dress
a pink dress
a crimson robe
a pink cloak
a crimson cloak
gem cart
Reward Metal Dye Tub
an armor engraving tool
a leather embroidery kit
a jewelry engraving tool
an universal moon orb
mage hat
10th Year Veteran Reward
11th Year Veteran Reward
Sorcerer's Hat
Sorcerer's Gorget
Sorcerer's Sleeves
Sorcerer's Tunic
Sorcerer's Female Armor
Sorcerer's Gloves
Sorcerer's Leggings
Sorcerer's Skirt
Scout's Circlet
Scout's Small Plate Jingasa
Scout's Studded Gorget
Scout's Studded Sleeves
Scout's Studded Tunic
Scout's Studded Gloves
Scout's Studded Leggings
Scout's Female Studded Armor
Scout's Studded Bustier

Read....Discuss.....
Well I know where the Scout and sorcerer's stuff would be..... My only thoughts are ........ THANK HEAVENS FINALLY a Metal Dye tub!!!! I think I will faint!....... followed by...... "a deed for a wall carving decoration"..... *prays this is the wall carving with the spiders!*....... Oh that would make me one of the happiest people in game!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
then maybe you should of read and realised this stuff isnt likely to be for turn ins
The Sorcerer and Scout armor pieces are the only items in that list that have been announced for turn-ins. The only way any of these would be part of the turn-in (which I hope not) would be for a phase 4 to happen, which isn't likely because almost everything is on the accepted items list already, unless they add new rewards with nothing to turn in for them.

M

Mankind

Ok, which Dev is responsible for the horrific grammar of "an universal" ? Or am I wrong, that just doesn't look right..:rant2:

I mean, do cops go to the cleaners and get "an uniform" cleaned?

Look honey !! An Unicorn.....

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously... Metal Dye Tubs better be at least as accessible as the leather dye tubs..

Either that, or give us a way to buy "Age"... I doubt UO will be around long enough for most people to get one...

For that matter, no dye tubs, which provide basic colors for anything should be rewards, IMO. It's assnine and just promotes bleeding retinas...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are we thinking that these items will be made available in publish 54, and Origin + TC is keeping it quiet, or do we have to wait another year for them?

D

Deb

I just checked with my char on Origin and there are not any new
items on there. So not sure when they will be available, maybe
Pup 55 if they are indeed Vet rewards.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just checked with my char on Origin and there are not any new
items on there. So not sure when they will be available, maybe
Pup 55 if they are indeed Vet rewards.
Damn... :(

G

galefan2004

My only fear is the metal dye tub will be a 10th/11th vet year reward. That would suck!!!!
Doing that would be a HUGE mistake IMO, so yeah that will probably be what happens. There is only a small handful of 10 and 11 year veteran accounts, so adding this to be usable by those accounts only would screw over a lot of people that would like to use them.

G

galefan2004

i dissagee highly.
and very much hope that these are high end vet rewards. we vets deserve it. not some new players .. 5 years or less.

tokuno dye's where great, wish they would bring the cool colors back.
No you really don't. You played this game for as long as you did because you wanted to. People should not be rewarded for what they would do naturally anyways.

I'm not the only one that is anti-veteran rewards. I think its a joke that players get special items just for playing a game they wanted to play anyways, and those rewards normally mean that no one that actually has played this game for awhile is going to rush out to start a new account, and there seems to be a shortage of good veteran accounts to buy recently.

G

galefan2004

Ok, which Dev is responsible for the horrific grammar of "an universal" ? Or am I wrong, that just doesn't look right..:rant2:

I mean, do cops go to the cleaners and get "an uniform" cleaned?

Look honey !! An Unicorn.....
The rule is that an is used when the following word starts with a vowel or vowel sound...

An uniform
An universal
An element
An yewish... (questionable but I kind of think yewish begins with a vowel sound)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rule is that an is used when the following word starts with a vowel or vowel sound...
The rule is that an is used when the following word starts with a vowel sound.
WordPress
English-Zone
Learn English
Edu Find
Purdue

That said... it's really not that big of a mistake to use a when you should use an, or an when you should use a - we still know what is meant by it. If you see the mistake, just bug report it and move on.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very interesting additions in today's cliloc update...
*prepares for the revolution* :stir:

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the Metal Dye Tub is not just another regular tub that uses the same dyes as every other one. If it is, this is just a complete cave in. ... Between plain iron, the 9 ores, the 10 tokuno dyes and the ~16 earthy dyes from blackrock turn-in, how many more metal colors do we really need?
But isn't the point of a metal dye tub more that we could dye currently undyable metal weapons and armor rather than adding more metal colors to the world? I know some weapons/armor are dyable with TOK dyes, but only if they contain magical properties. I am psyched at the possibility of dying my plain non-magical metal stuff...! I'm guessing the tub will be the same color scheme as the leather dye tubs, but if it contains bright colors I won't complain :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VERY big spoilers below!

Compassion Virtue Tile Deed
Sacrifice Virtue Tile Deed
Humility Virtue Tile Deed
Spirituality Virtue Tile Deed
Honor Virtue Tile Deed
Valor Virtue Tile Deed
Justice Virtue Tile Deed
Honesty Virtue Tile Deed
Sorcerer's Leggings
Chaos Tile Deed
You have already provided me with this ingredient.
You are reluctant to disturb the evidence without cause.
The victim was killed with an extremely sharp object. There seems to be a document folded in his pocket.
The victim was killed with something sharper than a normal sword.
You carefully remove the parchment from the corpse. It is soaked in blood and illegible.
A token of our respect to the Shadows. For the eternal glory of nothingness! - FOA
You have given me enough of that already.
Alright, I've thinned the blood. I suggest you see Althara next.
Gem Cart East
Gem Cart South
Ah...
Looking for something?
Kronos, perhaps?
Oh wait, he's dead!
Or maybe it's someone of a more... manly demeanor. Avery, was it?
Pity. You came all this way just to die.
Fools!
This.
Isn't.
Over.
I'm free! You've saved me! They've had me...
Avery! We've caught you at last!
What is this!?
You are under arrest for the murder of the Royal Council!
Help me!
At last, we'll bring the criminal to justice
Your kingdom thanks you
You have already begun the battle!
You must wait a while before trying again...
Harrower Statuette
Efreet Statuette
I don't need that many.
a commodity deed box
Melissa's Cloak
The commodity deed box must be secured before you can use it.
That must be in your bank box or commodity deed box to use it.

So in summary: the Royal Council will be murdered.
The ritual killings are signed by the FOA (Followers of Armageddon), as a tribute to the Shadows (the Shadowlords I suppose).
The players can free Avery from someone who is holding him prisoner. Maybe Melissa, or maybe the Shadowlords themselves (note that his captor(s) speak as if they were three entities each saying one word of the same sentence: "This" "Isn't" "Over" - like Huey, Dewey, and Louie :) )
After Avery is freed, he is arrested with the charge of murdering the Council - certainly framed by the evil guys.

And then there are a couple of new Vet Rewards, plus text for a commodity deed box that can be used to redeed commodity deeds at home.