• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Splinter weapons

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heya

I don't use splinter weapons but I come across a fair few. Wonder what ones are those that have 'sell' value and what they are 'worth'

ie

upload_2019-9-16_15-26-52.png

is something like that worth anything and if so what?

If not what ones/with what mods are needed?

Cheers

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
splintering weapons are pure PvP weapons, which determines the prefered mods on them:
hci, dci, hld, hla, hit spell, regens of all sorts for example would be good.

The above weapon has leeches and drains only which don't really work in PvP. Furthermore the above weapon is brittle which will lower its value somewhat because splintering will wear them out in no time. You want them to be clean (as in not brittle).

Another thing to look for would be clean splintering weapons that can be imbued.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I notice that a LOT of them have hit area affects of one sort or another which I guess are also not ideal.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It gets confusing as I look on vendor search on atlantic and see stuff that I would unravel, yet they want 5+ mil for em, ie stuff with aoe etc Just not sure if those are just 'hopeful' sellers or know what they are doing lol

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the aoe on splinter weapons is ok for blue players and for fights outside of guardzone. If you're red, however, that aoe will get you guardwhacked when you're a red in town.