• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spiral staircase help!

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having some issues building a spiral staircase. I followed the steps in the post that has 25 pictures and it appears that what I have at the end is exactly the same.

However the last part of the stair is much higher than the floor and the step behind it is too low. Also there is a gap where I am standing but the goza do not raise high enough to reach the floor. I am not sure what I did wrong. I didn't build it near an outside wall..could that be causing a problem?

I watched an old video of someone building an L-shaped staircase and I noticed he did some of the work on the second floor. I did all of this staircase on the first floor.

Can anyone help?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why you don't put another floor tile instead of the goza?

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only place 2 floor tiles in the stair opening and it doesn't really help fix the stairs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Odd because according to what I can see you should be able to place a tile right at the top of that stair.... on the NE corner of that opening. I'd try again if I was you because that tile in the NE corner should go.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I get when I cover the whole opening with floor tiles

This is what happens when I remove the 4 illegal ones from the first picture.

I don't think I can make this work in this spot. *frowns* Unless one of you design genius' can think of a solution, I am going to change it to an L-shaped stair.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On the wall that you have there at the stairwell put an arch on the end of it... or add another wall to the East. I think that's east. That should fix it.

Either that or in the center of your stair put an arch...... just one side. I do think you need to put a wall out towards the east. I think that will fix it.

Oh to clarify on the first bottom floor there.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! Success. :thumbup: Thank you MalagAste for the advice. I was trying to avoid walls on the first floor to make it look more like a fishing dock but I think I can live with the arch. I can cover it up with nets and ivy.

I closed up the opening on the west side of the stairs since I couldn't walk there anyway. But I am happy I didn't have to move my spiral staircase to the side! *smiles*

Now I just have to clean this place up! Stuff everywhere rolleyes: